MLB Discussion

I can't argue with most of what you're saying - the A's absolutely need a new stadium, whether it's in Oakland or San Jose. The Giants refusal to give up territorial rights is just downright silly. I can't believe that Wolff is about to sign a 10 year extension at the Coliseum. 

As for the fans, there are bad eggs in every fan base. But the more games I go to (I average 15-20 a year) I must admit that the Giants seem to have more than their share. I'm just going to chalk it up to the winning 2 World Series in 3 years bandwagon.

manny machado had to have known he was gonna get thrown at. after all that happened on friday, and then what he did today. he has a hissy fit and throws his bat into the infield. what a chump

that was some serious bullshit. and it all started over nothing with that tag at 3rd base.

so i don't know why machado got mad at donaldson's tag, nor do i know why he thought it was ok to throw a bat at donaldson... but in his defense, abad threw inside on him twice in a row, which would have pissed me off too. i probably would've charged the mound though. much more vintage move.

it's hilarious how late his swing is when he throws the bat. ball is in the catcher's mitt when he chucks it.

I have a soft spot for all Bay Area teams but come on, really? You didn't think the Giants had a chance to come back against the Mets? Who is closing for them now? Benitez?

mejia.

Machado is butt hurt at the tag, Donaldson pretty much laughs in his face. Then later in the game, Donaldson is hit by a pitch.

Today, Machado hits Norris twice on his back swing, not acknowledging it once, and even smirking the second time when Norris leaves the game. Then he gets thrown at and throws his bat?

What an absolute clown.

so i don't know why machado got mad at donaldson's tag, nor do i know why he thought it was ok to throw a bat at donaldson... but in his defense, abad threw inside on him twice in a row, which would have pissed me off too. i probably would've charged the mound though. much more vintage move.

it's hilarious how late his swing is when he throws the bat. ball is in the catcher's mitt when he chucks it.

mejia.

Swing and a miss entirely with my joke.

Machado is butt hurt at the tag, Donaldson pretty much laughs in his face. Then later in the game, Donaldson is hit by a pitch.

Today, Machado hits Norris twice on his back swing, not acknowledging it once, and even smirking the second time when Norris leaves the game. Then he gets thrown at and throws his bat?

What an absolute clown.

he's up there on the A's shit list now, right along with garza for that whole bunting fiasco 

Finally saw the Machado bat throw replay. Wow. He should do some serious time for that.

I as well just saw this. dont know the history between the 2 guys. either way Machado is an idiot.

i still think its the funniest thing when the bullpens run in during a "fight." usually its guys casually trotting in and they dont get involved. then its the long walk back and in this case they are walking back together. i find it beyond hilarious. once id like to see a bullpen guy just take out another bullpen guy in the outfield.

they were talking about this during tonight's game... had no idea it ever happened. and way scarier.

whoa. never seen this as well.

im a little suprised we dont see this happen a little more often. im not talking regularly but more often than it does.

tigers fans should be absolutely ashamed of themselves right now

i detest the kittens as much as anyone else but what happened this time?

they were talking about this during tonight's game... had no idea it ever happened. and way scarier.

haha that's fucked up

Just watched the "Machado" tag out and he fell to ground and cried about it? I don't get why he was so upset. He could try to dodge the tag and the 3rd basemen doesn't have the right to tag with a stiff arm? give me break! Millionaire baseball players I tell ya!

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2014/6/8/5791540/manny-machado-ejected-after-throwing-bat-toward-3rd-base

Haha after watching Machado's thrown bat I kind of wished he at least chucked it toward the mound, I wouldn't want the pitcher to get hit per say, but I think pitchers oughta think twice when they're pitching inside that hard. Hey, checkmate right?

i detest the kittens as much as anyone else but what happened this time?

ortiz hit a 3 run shot in the top of the 9th, 5-3 red sox. ballpark emptied.

Frieri was then asked if anybody included the Oakland Athletics, the team that easily swept the Angels just one week ago and the team the Angels host for three games beginning Monday. He didn’t hesitate.

“We’re going to beat them,” Frieri said. “Get ready to write that. I hate to say this, but they have a little bit extra luck. If you pay attention every play, it’s stupid how the game goes their way.”