MLB Discussion

I'll try to stop spamming with A's stats after this one -

The A's are 7 and 12 when trailing after 7 innings. The rest of baseball is 65 and 651

I love your team pride.

I hate that the Yanks shit the bed in extras yesterday. Hopefully we rectify that today

I'll tip my hat to Cleveland, they've got some next level hecklers.

Haha.....go on.....

a sweep of the home stand was very nice, especially taking 3 straight from Boston.

that plus the kittens going 4-16 in their last 20 has helped a lot.

annnd also Mastys streak the other day of 25 straight strikes thrown was damn impressive.

Article jumps back and forth several times between "no one knows but only suspects the cause" to "there are studies proving this." Not sure what is really fact and speculation in there.

It does make the point I was stuck on last time we discussed (so for the most part I agree with their assessment) -- guys are just throwing harder than their bodies are designed to endure. Whether it's 95 in high school or 101 in the pros, pitch speed is the key factor (with many 95 mph pitches being riskier than a few).

Article jumps back and forth several times between "no one knows but only suspects the cause" to "there are studies proving this." Not sure what is really fact and speculation in there.

It does make the point I was stuck on last time we discussed (so for the most part I agree with their assessment) -- guys are just throwing harder than their bodies are designed to endure. Whether it's 95 in high school or 101 in the pros, pitch speed is the key factor (with many 95 mph pitches being riskier than a few).

I get your point and know that most people getting TJ are flamethrowers, but Jaimie Moyer's career ended because of TJ and I dont think he ever topped 85 in his life.

Heyward is really bouncing back in the lead off spot even though he's not a lead off type hitter. Average is already back up to .260 and the power is showing now. La Stella doesn't need speed though, you're right, not when he's hitting solid singles to all fields every other at bat.

I have a soft spot for all Bay Area teams but come on, really? You didn't think the Giants had a chance to come back against the Mets? Who is closing for them now? Benitez?

Well I guess I knew the Giants could come back, it was just one of those games where they left tons of runners on base and never came up with the big hit until the 9th. The Mets set up guy Familia was downright nasty. 

Never got the hate the Giants get from A's fans...I'm born and raised in the Bay Area and always root for the A's when they are playing anyone but the Giants (I also worked for the A's for a couple of years) 

Posted this last year : The Giants are claiming territorial rights to San Jose, and blocking The A's from moving. These are the very same territorial rights that A's ownership GAVE The Giants in the 90's, so they would not have to move to Florida. The Giants never even used the territory to build a park, but now still own it and are refusing to allow The A's to move to San Jose. The Giants also voted against, and blocked, a pro-Oakland ownership group from buying The A's in the early-mid 2000's. So The Giants don't want them in Oakland, and they don't want them in San Jose. Do the math from there. They're pieces of shit.

Also, the fans, in general, are insufferable