MLB Discussion

he's not suspended, he's on the DL recovering from a shoulder injury

Re read what I wrote.

Watching the Nationals play was depressing... and I was rooting against them. So much shitty attitude. Also, bullshit call to hit Simmons after Escobar gets injured because he handled an easy out at 3rd really lazily and got spiked.

Los Angeles is expected to pay most of the remaining $80.2 million Hamilton is owed: $20,234,973 this year and $30 million in each of the final two seasons. As part of the trade, Hamilton agreed to give up some of the money he was due, a person familiar with the trade said. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because that was not announced.

I find it incredibly strange that in this whole saga this is the thing that is the thing that is being protected on anonymity and not you know, the thing that HIPPA legally requires to be kept quiet.

Who do they have to get prospects besides Gomez? Also couple in the fact that fewer teams are parting with top prospects, I wouldnt get too excited.

top prospects is relative to who publication scouts see, If Garza and Loshe can rebound some they'll net something in return.  Parra could net something, Segura could too, they have a backlog of SS in AAA/AA with Sardinas and Arcia (who is the future SS for Milwaukee), and who knows what a change of coaches/scenery can do for a "struggling prospect" in XXX organization, ya know?  

im more excited about Brewers prospects in A-, A+, AA have some really sweet players that they've pushed, and we havent even seen what Larra is going to do stateside, all reports say this kid is going to be a beast and rise quick through the rankings.  

Looking quickly at the Baseball Prospectus top 101 prospects going into 2014, 5 of them have been traded since then. #7 Addison Russell (who has moved up to #2) #30 Andrew Heaney (now #37), #43 Mike Foltynewicz (dropped off top 101) #47 Matt Wisler (#53) and Max Fried (dropped off list as well). Wisler and Fried were both moved to Atlanta in the same trade for Upton and Krimbel. One could say that Folty and Fried dropping off the list and not graduating made the teams think they were more easy to part with. Only big name on the list is Russell, who the A's could have gotten a better return for, but also probably did not want to have to pay the contract for a better pitcher in return.

Prospect rankings had nothing to do with the Padres and Astros moving their top pitching prospects. Both teams got MLB power bats in return. Fried had TJ so that obviously lowered his "value". Padres were deep enough to make win now moves.

Fried and Wisler were moved in separate trades by the way. An Upton was included in both though ;).