MLB Discussion

You over your Mike Foltynewicz love now? Also Wisler hasnt been doing good in AAA this year, and this is coming off a bad year last year at AAA as well. I'd temper your expectations for a bit.

No, I think Folty showed a lot of potential as a starter (certainly more than Houston gave him credit for) but he just doesn't have the feel for when to throw his off speed stuff yet. He will be back. In the mean time I'm excited to see if Wisler can stick. Between Wisler, Folty, ManBan, Perez and Tyrrell Jenkins, the Braves either have the leagues best bullpen again in two years or 2-3 decent pitchers of their choice to dangle as bait for good bats.

No, I think Folty showed a lot of potential as a starter (certainly more than Houston gave him credit for) but he just doesn't have the feel for when to throw his off speed stuff yet. He will be back. In the mean time I'm excited to see if Wisler can stick. Between Wisler, Folty, ManBan, Perez and Tyrrell Jenkins, the Braves either have the leagues best bullpen again in two years or 2-3 decent pitchers of their choice to dangle as bait for good bats.

I understand optimism and a "anything can happen" view on your team but to throw out a list of prospects, only a couple of whom are even ranked as top 100 guys, and bring up the possibility of having the best bullpen in baseball is drinking the kool-aid. Every team (other than the Tigers) has a bunch of similar players in their system.

I understand optimism and a "anything can happen" view on your team but to throw out a list of prospects, only a couple of whom are even ranked as top 100 guys, and bring up the possibility of having the best bullpen in baseball is drinking the kool-aid. Every team (other than the Tigers) has a bunch of similar players in their system.

Not to mention that a bullpen is one of the easiest things to patch up or build in free agency.

I'm a free agent and could win the Cy Young next year. Anything can happen, right?

I'm all for dudes loving their teams, talking about prospects, etc. I just think that there is a line between realistic optimism and anything can happen that your post straddles if not crosses. Just pointing out what a non-braves fan would think of your statement.

just my two cents, but talking about another baseball team's prospects is possibly the most boring topic in professional sports

I love following the brewers/pirates prospects, but I have a tough time following/caring about other teams prospects.  

I am actually hoping for a firesale this summer to get some more decent upper level prospects.  we've drafted well the last couple years, got some really interesting players in the low minors, but I really dont put much stock in prospect performance (good/bad) until they've reached AA

Spoken like a true Sox fan, cant give a shit when the team isnt any good, is the biggest fan ever when they are winning.

that has nothing to do with whether or not they're winning.. i've never been able to find any interest in the farm system. the conversation becomes far too technical and hypothetical, and all i want to do is just watch baseball.

On the surface it looks like a bad move for the Padres, but if that 12 million or so they free up allows them to trade with someone else for a bigger and better player that helps them win now then it is a fine trade. Padres showed this offseason they are in win now mode, are floundering and need to make a few moves. Toussaint will not help them win for a few years, so trade him, free up some cap room and maybe make a play for Hamels.

On the surface it looks like a bad move for the Padres, but if that 12 million or so they free up allows them to trade with someone else for a bigger and better player that helps them win now then it is a fine trade. Padres showed this offseason they are in win now mode, are floundering and need to make a few moves. Toussaint will not help them win for a few years, so trade him, free up some cap room and maybe make a play for Hamels.

DBacks, but I get your point. I just seriously question the idea that Arizona is really capable of winning now. Overachieving in a lot of metrics and they still have serious holes in at least 2 positions besides starting pitching.