MLB Discussion

DBacks, but I get your point. I just seriously question the idea that Arizona is really capable of winning now. Overachieving in a lot of metrics and they still have serious holes in at least 2 positions besides starting pitching.

So LaRussa has come out and said that it was to free up payroll because they think they are contenders and need the space to get the one or two pieces left they need. Tony is out of his mind if he thinks the DBacks are just one or two pieces.

What no one is even close to 50 wins yet this year...(I know its only because the cardinals have deflated their baseballs that we have won.)

Anyways, more than the over all record, the home record (29-8) is what has REALLY made games fun to go to here lately.

Wonder what the record would be if Waino wasn't hurt all year.

What have been some of the things you guys have really liked so far this year now that the first half a season is coming to a close?

I wouldnt say no one else isnt close, the Astros are at 46.

Things I have enjoyed this season: Joc Pederson (first rookie since Pujols to hit 20 bombs before the break), the red sox struggling after saying they greatly improved, the sox spending $20+ million a season on Porcello to get below waiver wire production, Sandberg stepping down as manager, Franco showing some life in our offense.

As you see, being a Phillies fan hasnt brought a whole lot to get excited about on our team.

What no one is even close to 50 wins yet this year...(I know its only because the cardinals have deflated their baseballs that we have won.)

Anyways, more than the over all record, the home record (29-8) is what has REALLY made games fun to go to here lately.

Wonder what the record would be if Waino wasn't hurt all year.

What have been some of the things you guys have really liked so far this year now that the first half a season is coming to a close?

I like the fact that the Giants are hanging in there in the NL West despite all the injuries and playing horribly at home. Pence is back after the break and Cain is about to return, here's hoping we get the Cain of old. 

hoping Sandberg gets a second chance somewhere else.

Really liked Pujols performance  so far this year.

Dont wish that on anyone. I know he wasnt handed much this year or last, but every mistake he could make, he did. He will bat Howard 4th facing a left hander, leaves relievers in too long, let Jeff Francour throw 48 pitches in a game because you dont bring in a closer/set up man unless it is a save opportunity, cant set up a batting order, etc, etc. Yeah he was a hell of a 2B but not a good manager at all.

crazy first inning for the sox- 8 runs after the first 8 batters reached base. boyd got the hook without recording an out.

ortiz hit a 3 run shot, giving him 5 homers and 11 rbi's in his last 10 games. funny how he's catching fire and theyre finding ways to string together some wins.

So the radio guys here in DC (im here for two weeks) are talking about liking both the Orioles and the Nats. They're asking why people can't like two teams that are close together and not even in the same league. Thoughts?

I'm a Dodgers fan and I have no problem with the Angels. I'll root for them anytime they're not playing the Dodgers.

This applies to LA/Anaheim, NYC, Chicago and DC/Baltimore... any I'm missing?

So the radio guys here in DC (im here for two weeks) are talking about liking both the Orioles and the Nats. They're asking why people can't like two teams that are close together and not even in the same league. Thoughts?

I'm a Dodgers fan and I have no problem with the Angels. I'll root for them anytime they're not playing the Dodgers.

This applies to LA/Anaheim, NYC, Chicago and DC/Baltimore... any I'm missing?

Royals/Cardinals   They are huge rivals, but there are also fans out there that root for both teams. Personally I wont root for the Cardinals, but I also have nothing against them. I think it's a lot of fun when we play each other.