NFL Discussion

^ Contract restructuring because of the money snag. You guys over there in Denver wanna kidnap him and hold him hostage? "WEEEE LOVE TEEEEBOOOOWWW! NEVER LET HYMN GO!"

That said the Jets are guaranteeing plays and holding a press conference for a backup quarterback ??? Oh yeah the Wildcat is gonna win the Super Bowl! ::)

Why am I still a fan?

Tebow is a vote of No-Confidence in Mark Sanchez. Why is Denver trading him if he's a good back-up or can add something to the team? Because he'll never see a snap behind a great QB like Manning. They are saying 10-15 plays a game for the Jets. What does this tell you about Mark Sanchez? I predict Sanchez melts down once the Tebow hype hits full force and chants start.

The other question is what happens first: Nice Guy Tebow melts down from all the Page-Six cameras chasing him? OR Does the new spotlight corrupt him like so many celebrity athletes who've come to this market? OR Does he start a pop-up church with Jeremy Lin and convert/save all of Manhattan?

Tebow is a vote of No-Confidence in Mark Sanchez. Why is Denver trading him if he's a good back-up or can add something to the team? Because he'll never see a snap behind a great QB like Manning. They are saying 10-15 plays a game for the Jets. What does this tell you about Mark Sanchez? I predict Sanchez melts down once the Tebow hype hits full force and chants start.

Agreed. I hate Dirty Sanchez. The Tebow chants are going to start in the first game when Sanchez throws his first flub. I bet that by Halloween, Tebow will be the starter for the Jets.

Are you a Dolphins fan Travis? Kinda sounds like it from your last few posts here.

It's been hard being a Dolphins fan for the last 12 years. Ever since Marino left pretty much.

Yea been a Dolphins fan my entire life. Its been rough since Marino left, they are a horrible franchise. I go into every season with no expectations so that Im not disappointed. They need to make some big changes, like getting a new GM. Hopefully they get that Tannehill kid in the draft cause there is no way they are getting Luck or RG3. Since there isnt much to root for with the Dolphins I just root against the Jets and Cowboys. Goddamn I fucking hate both of those teams.

• 3 weeks later...

this is so fucking obnoxious. nfl announces the schedule for next season, and the top headline is basically, "hey peyton manning!"

"The nation won't have to wait long to see Peyton Manning in a Broncos uniform."... when his team plays the late game on opening day.

what the fuck does that even mean? that was written as if the broncos could have had byes in the first 3 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Really pleased with the Lions 1st round pick. Second best talent at O-line and they got him at the bottom of the 1st. Can never have too many lineman and they have good position flexibility (ie, much easier to move a tackle to guard than a corner to safety to corner or a DE to DT). Still need to address defense and RB though. I hope they don't go any higher than 4th or 5th round on a RB.

If they can trade up and get Janoris Jenkins without giving up too much more than their 2nd and maybe a 4th, I think they will have hit a home run.

And how about the Rams wheeling and dealing. Think they have had the best draft of anyone. Turned 1 high 1st round pick into 3 firsts, 2 second, and I believe a 4th? If RG3 busts, they could easily get 2 more top 5 to 10 picks from the Redskins. That is smart, smart management.

And pretty disappointed with their second pick. WR was not at all a position of need.

Everyone of my friends I talk to says "but he would have been a top 20 pick if he hadn't blown out his knee". Well, he did. And they didn't get a top 20 pick. If they had, I would have loved it regardless of position. They got a 2nd to 3rd rounder at one of their deepest positions, though. Rest of the draft was fine.

Kinda surprised they didn't grab a running back either. I figured they would take a linebacker, but not multiple backers.

• 1 month later...

Haha my Dolphins signed Ochocinco. I guess Hard Knocks will be a little more interesting now.

If you don't already, I highly suggest following him on instagram. The other day when all that stuff about TO not paying child support and what not, Ochocinco posted a picture of a wad of cash and put "I pay my child support....IN CASH."

anyone else been following the top 100? 21-30 got announced last night.

21. Gronkowski

22. Rice

23. Welker

24. Pierre-Paul

25. Foster

26. Peppers

27. Matthews

28. Gore

29. Harrison

30. Roethlisberger

Was hoping Rice would break the top 20. Without the doubt the most versatile back in the league, I don't think McCoy has been revealed yet, so I'm sad to see him rank higher. Also, I think Big Ben had a subpar season and shouldn't of been ranked higher than Eli, Cam, and Stafford.