NFL Discussion

Assuming DeSean Jackson is playing, I'm sure you'd be fine benching Larry. He is due for a breakout game this season, though... ;)

Jackson finally didn't look like a one dimensional player, he was all over the field catching short, running long, and just looked like he was moving well.

Thats the thing, I know larry is due for a huge game and thats what leaves me wondering if i should sit him.

Jackson finally didn't look like a one dimensional player, he was all over the field catching short, running long, and just looked like he was moving well.

Thats the thing, I know larry is due for a huge game and thats what leaves me wondering if i should sit him.

next week, home against miami i think is the game we are all looking for

My line up for this week is

QB - Stafford

WR - A. Green, Bowe

RB - T. Richardson, S. Greene

TE - Gonzalez

W/R - Garcon

D - Steelers

K - Gould

Bench - Alex Smith, Cedric Benson, Mikel Leshoure, Randall Cobb, Kevin Ogletree, Dennis Pitta

With Garcon looking questionable, I'm looking for a different W/R. For the W/R, would Cobb or Ogletree be better if Garcon is really out. Also, with Shonn Greene banged up would Leshoure be a good start? He is playing this week and will be sharing touches with Smith, but I still think he will be the Lions #1 RB. The Cardinals D is still available in my league too. I'm thinking about picking them up as well.

Any thoughts?

With Garcon looking questionable, I'm looking for a different W/R. For the W/R, would Cobb or Ogletree be better if Garcon is really out. Also, with Shonn Greene banged up would Leshoure be a good start? He is playing this week and will be sharing touches with Smith, but I still think he will be the Lions #1 RB. The Cardinals D is still available in my league too. I'm thinking about picking them up as well.

Any thoughts?

I think Garcon is back this week for sure. He got some practice time in yesterday and today should give you a good indicator. I definitely don't think he will be a game time this week.

thats what i'm hoping too. really hoping they don't double him up a lot though, which i can see happening too.

You will hear this point made both ways. Not that I did intense statistical analysis, but I think in general it is good for a guy like Cruz if Nicks doesn't play. They still gotta cover the other receivers, TE, RBs, etc. Not like the offense just plays a man down and the D rolls the guy over to double the other receiver. If you are predictable and always double one guy, even backup scrubs will torch a defense.

Ry, i have the same two on my team, haha. Always knew i liked you.

To answer your question, i'm gonna take my chances with Eli; he was hot in the 2nd half last week, so i'm gonna stick with him.

I would never bench Eli Manning for Alex Smith regardless of the defensive matchups (I guess maybe if Nicks AND Cruz were out and he was playing a top 5 defense).

2 weeks of 200+ throwing and 2 tds for smith

200+ 1 td, 500+ 3 tds, 3 int for eli

smith facing a weak pass d, and eli without a top receiver

St

and

Stand by my statement. I would (almost) never bench Eli for Alex Smith. I play matchups too but when you have a great, maybe elite, player, you play him all the time.

anybody taking a gamble on starting Martellus Bennett. Possibly have a huge game with the lack of WR playing tonight??

I drafted him and benched the first two weeks, but after last week's Finley performance, Bennett has earned his spot as my TE this week. It's looking good.

Also, my line this week:

Newton

R. White

M. Colston

B. LaFell

MJD

Law Firm

M. Bennet

Crosby

Baltimore

i could see bennet benefit a lot tonight with the absence of nicks tonight. i also feel like this will be a big week for mjd. although ap struggled against indy last week, i blame that primarily on that being more realistic play by him returning from the injury. i think ap's first week was a freak thing. anyways, in week 1 chicagos backs ran 3 into the endzone against indy, so i'm feeling like mjd puts 2 in the endzone this week.