NFL Discussion

Keeper rules aren't consistent but most don't allow you to give up the draft pick of the round you took a player. You give up your top draft pick to keep someone. From the original post it seems this would be the case.

we keep 3, required to, so we are essentially starting in the 4th round sort of next season.

It works in the real NFL because a GM has a fiduciary and moral responsibility to balance winning now with winning in the future. It's a system of checks and balances that fantasy football doesn't have.

Why wouldn't you continue to make trades like this, then? Why don't you find someone to trade you their first 5 draft picks next year for your first 5 draft picks the following? You will both have a huge advantage and likely each take a win and some good money.

I'm guessing that would be obvious collusion that would get vetoed. It's just the extreme example of what happens when you can trade future picks. I guess if it is allowed, take advantage of it as far as you can. I wouldn't want it in my leagues.

It works in the real NFL because a GM has a fiduciary and moral responsibility to balance winning now with winning in the future. It's a system of checks and balances that fantasy football doesn't have.

Why wouldn't you continue to make trades like this, then? Why don't you find someone to trade you their first 5 draft picks next year for your first 5 draft picks the following? You will both have a huge advantage and likely each take a win and some good money.

I'm guessing that would be obvious collusion that would get vetoed. It's just the extreme example of what happens when you can trade future picks. I guess if it is allowed, take advantage of it as far as you can. I wouldn't want it in my leagues.

yeah, thats why a lot of things get vetoed in our league. i think our commish is good at calling it how it is and our league is pretty fair in voting something down. if it looks shady in any way, its not going to fly.

also, sacko pays double and is beer bitch and draft board whore at the next draft. needless to say, no one wants to throw away their season.

BREAKING NEWS. NEW YORK, NY -Jets football practice was delayed nearly 2 hours today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field. Head coach, Ryan, immediately suspended practice & called the police & federal investigators. After a complete analysis, FBI experts determined that the white substance unknown to players was the GOAL LINE. Practice resumed after special agents decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again this season.

BREAKING NEWS. NEW YORK, NY -Jets football practice was delayed nearly 2 hours today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field. Head coach, Ryan, immediately suspended practice & called the police & federal investigators. After a complete analysis, FBI experts determined that the white substance unknown to players was the GOAL LINE. Practice resumed after special agents decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again this season.

MORE BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Dallas, TX -Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo attempted suicide last night. The bullet however was intercepted.

I started Mathews and Chargers D. I was aiming for 30 points between the two and even with Mathews' dud game I got 34 so I guess I can't be too mad. Still, the way they use him is so annoying. I keep thinking it's going to change and keep starting him, but it's pretty apparent things aren't changing.

Atlanta has been the 3rd stingiest team to opposing WR so far this year.

And Pierre Thomas is definitely more interesting with Sproles out a long time but it's not like Sproles was taking many carries from him. I doubt all those catches go to Thomas.

Denver has a very good pass rush and Benjarvis is a bruiser. Should get a good workload.

So that is the long way of saying, you have it right.