NFL Discussion

That's a complete overreaction.

I disagree.

either he doesnt have control of people below him or its a cover up (which IMO this reeks of). and if this is a cover up on his and many other peopls parts, then it just shows how much domestic violence truly is overlooked in our society. Goodell, allegedly, wanted to view the tape but could not get a copy of it. if this whole story is true that an executive in the NFL had it then I truly believe the backlash that will ensue will outstanding.

I can't see Goodell keeping the job much longer. Now the government is involved is the investigation. That's the last thing he probably wanted. So many people are calling for his head, reeks of the Sterling thing with the Clippers. And if his underlings kept him from seeing that video, that's just as bad. I kind of agree with the guy from the National Organization for Women, appointing people associated with the NFL to lead up the internal investigation is a joke.

Crazy. One punch in an elevator is the spark that could lead to the firing of someone who makes $50 million dollars a year.

I kinda think Goodell will keep his job, though. I think this is the first opportunity the players have really been able to stick a dagger into the NFL leadership and twist (players really have no power against the owners even when they screw up), and they are taking advantage of it. Revenge for all the fairly harsh punishments that have been laid out.

I guess I should clarify that I don't think that means he will get off free or deserves to, just that I don't think he loses his job.

Re-write of NFL policy, maybe a special organization to investigate criminal misconduct, and a couple million dollar fine for Goodell which will go to domestic abuse related charities -- that's my guess at an outcome.

As a parent I'm not one to say how someone should or shouldn't raise their kids. I believe Peterson when he says he's sincerely sorry and loves his son. Let's face it, some people grow up with tough love and physical tough love. He's complying with the law and that's good enough for me. This is something him and his son will grow from I believe but he's gotta face the consequences, you can't whoop your child to the point of injury. 

I guess the NFL has to weigh in on its stance on spanking children now.

If we're lucky we'll get to see how they feel on vaccinations before the season is over.

The thing is Adrian Peterson 6'1, 217lbs whipped his 4yo son with a switch (home made whip from loose branches from a tree) and his son bled. The word spanking is clearly an understatement.

Didn't he beat a child with a tree branch?

I was beaten as a child with a switch and I'm just fine. Wasn't any worse than any spanking I received with a belt. Typical media overreaction.

Some people may not agree and I understand that but I was raised this way and my brothers and I are all college grads or soon to be. Everyone parents differently.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2754173/Vikings-star-Adrian-Peterson-indicted-child-abuse-son-11-months-different-boy-beaten-death-mother-s-boyfriend.htm

I'm sorry, but whipping a kid until it leaves marks isn't trying to teach a child right from wrong, its child abuse. I got my fair share of whoopimgs as a kid and even felt dad's leather belt wreak pain on my cheeks, but never did I have lacerations.

The pics tell the story without him trying to justify his actions.