NFL Discussion

What's skewed about his stats? You could make the case that he has been a better tackler (more solo tackles, fewer assists). Levy is the leader of our defense as well, even if Suh gets more publicity.

Much easier for an OLB to rack up tackles when he's playing behind what is arguably the best interior in the league. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone outside of Detroit that doesn't consider Kuechly the best in the nfl.

Much easier for an OLB to rack up tackles when he's playing behind what is arguably the best interior in the league. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone outside of Detroit that doesn't consider Kuechly the best in the nfl.

Again, your opinion is fair. I disagree with the reasoning and you said "stats are skewed" without using any stats to back the point up. Middle linebackers historically have racked up more tackles than OLB (look at the stats this year. Top 10 tacklers are 7 ILBs or MLBs, 2 OLBs, 1 SS).

Teams rushed against the Lions 50 fewer times than Carolina. Although they threw 30 more times, a linebacker is much more likely to grab a tackle on a rush than a pass. Levy was also one of 2 defensive players in the league to not miss a single snap, which you have to give him credit for.

I think Kuechly gets some love because he was a first round pick and produced immediately, whereas Levy was a low draft pick and built up to this over years. Levy is also mild mannered and quiet. Dude just makes plays every Sunday. Some portion of the Kuechly love in this debate is hype and not based solely on what happens on the field.

It seems like no one writes articles about "best linebacker in football" until the offseason (at least, I couldn't find anything). I guarantee you someone will write an article on the subject in the offseason and have Levy on top.

I think Kuechly gets some love because he was a first round pick and produced immediately, whereas Levy was a low draft pick and built up to this over years. Levy is also mild mannered and quiet. Dude just makes plays every Sunday. Some portion of the Kuechly love in this debate is hype and not based solely on what happens on the field.

It seems like no one writes articles about "best linebacker in football" until the offseason (at least, I couldn't find anything). I guarantee you someone will write an article on the subject in the offseason and have Levy on top.

Gimme a fuckin break with that "Kuechly gets love because he was a high draft pick" crap. Your boy wasn't selected as an All Pro but you're banking on someone writing an article proclaiming him the best in the league? Only some rag writer from Michigan would pen something so ludicrous.

And for what it's worth, the "mild mannered" argument is laughable. There are plenty of players, past and present, who have been lauded for their accomplishments while staying on an even keel.

Lets be real here, the refs have to have a "Fuck the Cowboys" button. That was a blatant flop on the running into the kicker, then they don't even call it on the Lions when they do it, and there was much more contact! And that Offensive pass interference penalty, give me a fucking break. I hate everything right now. 

Lets be real here, the refs have to have a "Fuck the Cowboys" button. That was a blatant flop on the running into the kicker, then they don't even call it on the Lions when they do it, and there was much more contact! And that Offensive pass interference penalty, give me a fucking break. I hate everything right now. 

Yeah I would say those were some inconsistent calls (or non-call) as far as the punts go, and the off PI was the worst call of the day. Just glad the next play was a TD.