NFL Discussion

At least the Lions won't have any excuses when they lose to the Cowboys by 30.

Levy will hold Demarco Murray to under 75 yards. In conversation for the best LB in the league and gets no love. Snubbed from Pro Bowl as well but he'll get in (if they aren't playing in the Super Bowl).

Levy will hold Demarco Murray to under 75 yards. In conversation for the best LB in the league and gets no love. Snubbed from Pro Bowl as well but he'll get in (if they aren't playing in the Super Bowl).

If Murray only gets 75 yards its because Dez, Witten, and Beasley will combine for 350. 

Is he really the best? Or is he the only thing Stafford has to pass to ever? I think Calvin Johnson is just a product of a team who literally has no one else, so he gets everything thrown to him. 

I don't think that's it at all. I think yes, he really is the best. Which is why he gets thrown to all the time haha With injuries this year he hasn't really been in the highlights as much, but if you look back over the past few years and see what he's done, definitely the best (in my opinion, of course)

Is he really the best? Or is he the only thing Stafford has to pass to ever? I think Calvin Johnson is just a product of a team who literally has no one else, so he gets everything thrown to him. 

In the past maybe, but Tate was a legit 1/2 this year and was much more healthy.

You know i would probably swap Dez and Julio but I agree man.

Yeah, Over the last few years I've tried to be as fair as possible in assessing receivers but this year Dez has been completely insane. My only real problems with Dez have been his lack of top end speed and his tendency to drop meaningful passes in the past, but this season I just feel that he has run away from a lot of the other receivers in the league solely with red zone ability. The only receiver that is clearly more gifted than Dez physically is CJ but right now I think I'd prefer Dez as he is just entering his prime.

Yeah, Over the last few years I've tried to be as fair as possible in assessing receivers but this year Dez has been completely insane. My only real problems with Dez have been his lack of top end speed and his tendency to drop meaningful passes in the past, but this season I just feel that he has run away from a lot of the other receivers in the league solely with red zone ability. The only receiver that is clearly more gifted than Dez physically is CJ but right now I think I'd prefer Dez as he is just entering his prime.

I would take Dez over anyone in the NFL right now. The fact someone ranked AJ Green and Julio Jones in front of him is just a joke. Those two are great, but definitely not better than Dez Bryant. Dez IS the playmaker. No one has been able to cover him all year. And it isnt just a good season, this is his 3rd season in a row destroying secondaries and getting double digit TDs. Not to mention he actually stays healthy *knock on wood*

I would take Dez over anyone in the NFL right now. The fact someone ranked AJ Green and Julio Jones in front of him is just a joke. Those two are great, but definitely not better than Dez Bryant. Dez IS the playmaker. No one has been able to cover him all year. And it isnt just a good season, this is his 3rd season in a row destroying secondaries and getting double digit TDs. Not to mention he actually stays healthy *knock on wood*

his toe-tap in the endzone on sunday was really something special.

as for your final thoughts, every new england fan is pretty much in the mindset that the only thing keeping us from winning it all is another injury to gronk.

and that game was amazing

calvin settled our debate last year in a spectacular fashion.

this year, he simply hasn't been on dez's level, with consistency being a major factor.

and that game was amazing

calvin settled our debate last year in a spectacular fashion.

this year, he simply hasn't been on dez's level, with consistency being a major factor.

If you want to put a lot of emphasis on Calvin's health, fine. Your opinion.

If you throw out the 3 games missed and the 2 games he started but either left with injury or was used as a decoy, no way. Dez's TDs are a function of his team putting him in many more situations to score, not because he's more talented. Calvin's height and leaping ability makes him a better red zone target.

If you want to put a lot of emphasis on Calvin's health, fine. Your opinion.

If you throw out the 3 games missed and the 2 games he started but either left with injury or was used as a decoy, no way. Dez's TDs are a function of his team putting him in many more situations to score, not because he's more talented. Calvin's height and leaping ability makes him a better red zone target.

I'm assuming you don't watch many Dallas games? Dez scoring in the redzone is 9/10 times a product of his ability and dominance over defenders. If you watch his scoring plays, most of the plays he makes in the redzone 99% of the league cannot. He is an animal. As i stated before I believe Calvin is more physically gifted, but Dez is just entering his prime which is a scary thought considering the damage he has already done in the league. The only thing i can see slowing his career is Dallas not having a QB ready when Romo is finished in a couple years.