NFL Discussion

20 TDs 7 INTs 3475 YDS 95 RTG

Tom Brady who is an excellent QB:

33 TDs 9 INTs 4109 YDS 97.4 RTG

I dunno man despite being 27th ranked overall I'm taking those numbers.

Brady is not considered a great because of this season. He is because of a career of work. It is true that Wilson has played well during his time in the league, but that is all to be said at this point. Wilson is somewhere around 8 - 10 among active QBs. Still very good, but he is not a top tier guy, he is in the next group. Being 27th in the league does say something. Great QBs ARE their offense. Wilson, as a passer, has been more of a game manager to this point which is fine when you are a great running team. I think he will grow into a top QB, but he still has some time before that happens

Russell Wilson has 4 career 300 yard passing games in the regular season.

I guess that does make him one of the greats.. He's in a pretty elite group there. Along with guys such as Bryan Hoyer, Brandon Weeden, David Carr, and Ty Detmer...

In all honesty that is not horrible at this point in his career, And like I said before, I believe 10 years from now it may probably be legitimate to label Wilson as such, but lets hold the horses for now.

Dick LeBeau "resigned" from the steelers, aka, you're getting fired if you dont leave.  Same way they treated Arians.  Dick is going to keep coaching, would LOVE if he went to Buffalo.  I have no idea if that makes sense with their d scheme set up, but the steelers D wasnt bad this year and last because of LeBeau, it was bad because of Colbert and their inability to address CB/SS in the draft at all ever.  Oh, and signing Mike Mitchell. 

Rex to Buffalo makes no sense

It makes sense for Rex because he can move from a team with a losing record to a team with a winning record that needs a little work (finding a decent QB might be defined as more than a "little work") in a division he's familiar with.

It makes sense for the Bills because here's a head coach with years of league and playoff experiencing.  It's a safe bet since you know what you're getting and it's a large step up from Marrone. 

i can't believe rex signed up for another x years of getting embarrassed by bill

I want to say something about "Let's see Belichick win without Tom Brady" but I think on name cache alone, he'll be able to attract a good QB to NE when Brady hangs them up (if Belichick keeps going for another 5-10 years).

Dick LeBeau "resigned" from the steelers, aka, you're getting fired if you dont leave.  Same way they treated Arians.  Dick is going to keep coaching, would LOVE if he went to Buffalo.  I have no idea if that makes sense with their d scheme set up, but the steelers D wasnt bad this year and last because of LeBeau, it was bad because of Colbert and their inability to address CB/SS in the draft at all ever.  Oh, and signing Mike Mitchell. 

He's 77. Regardless of what you whether you want to keep coaching or not, your mind starts to slip on you a little when you are pushing 80. Dude should just be an "executive advisor" or some other drummed up consultant position where he can lead but not be in that critical, line of fire position (i.e., I wouldn't trust him as a position coach or coordinator).

Point is fair. But arguably wasn't even Cassel's best year (2 years later he had 27 TDs and 7 picks in KC), so it's hard to definitively say it was Belichick elevating the QB. Cassel had SOME talent, a few years of seasoning, and was around his athletic peak when Brady went down that year. That's not really the kind of QB situation I was envisioning for how things could go if they went the other way.

It was a great call. Would have been a lot less controversial if the announcers hadn't been sucking Dez's dick for the first 5 minutes after the catch.

There is no qay that was a good call. If nothing else the call should have stood based of the fact that there was no good angle to overturn it. Bad call, but that has been the only really bad call . It sucks that it cost so much.