NFL Discussion

He was pretty average this season, he wasnt a top 10 qb, 25 tds amd 18 ints is pretty average

His TD/INT ratio was bad, agreed. A good number of those interceptions have been shown to be receivers giving up on routes though. 3 freshman receivers playing with a QB that throws with anticipation. Same reason I think he will throw a lot of picks his first season in the NFL, but will get better with reps. Winston got better in the last few games once he got comfortable with Lane and Rudolph.

If you take off your FSU colored glasses, you would see it yourself. They are plenty of guys that get in trouble in college and then surround themselves with the right people later on. No one is discounting Jameis' ability. When I saw his hype up his team in the locker room last season vs Clemson, I was sold. He is clearly a leader but his decision making on the field from the pocket and off the field needs serious help. If he gets a support system like Dez has with the Cowboys, he will be just fine.

I hate that cop-out, yeah I'm a fan, but I'm not a Tallahassee college bro, I'm a sports fan first. Winston isn't out there dog fighting, beating up his teammates or smoking pot. His perceived problems with maturity are incredibly fixable.

I hate that cop-out, yeah I'm a fan, but I'm not a Tallahassee college bro, I'm a sports fan first. Winston isn't out there dog fighting, beating up his teammates or smoking pot. His perceived problems with maturity are incredibly fixable.

Didn't meant it as an insult. I watch all sports myself but we all have soft spots for players who play for our schools. I personally think Connor Shaw is better than Manziel but that has a lot to do with me watching him play for 3 years.

I agree his problems are fixable but it would make me pause as a GM. Do I want to invest $30-40 million in a kid with maturity issues, especially at the QB position which by and large are leaders of their teams.

Didn't meant it as an insult. I watch all sports myself but we all have soft spots for players who play for our schools. I personally think Connor Shaw is better than Manziel but that has a lot to do with me watching him play for 3 years.

I agree his problems are fixable but it would make me pause as a GM. Do I want to invest $30-40 million in a kid with maturity issues, especially at the QB position which by and large are leaders of their teams.

No offense taken just want to clear up where I stand.

To your other point, I think a GM could reasonably look at his leadership and loyalty amongst his teammates and see that he has the ability to succeed. The question in my mind is how much does the ESPN narrative carry over from college? If the media emphasizes his immaturity and is waiting to step on his throat, then yeah, it will be a short career. Manziel seems to do something stupid every week but ESPN kisses his ass regularly.

Because his "shortcomings" affected his on the field results so much huh? Jamarcus is way closer to a Mariota comparison than a Winston comparison if we are talking tangible, game-related scouting.

Please, I'm begging ANY of you. Give me something tangible about Winston's ability to debate.

I wasn't talking about ability on the field. To be honest there is no comparison on the field, Jamarcus was more gifted. Jamarcus was one of the best QB prospects in the last decade outside of Luck. He wasted his ability with things such as drugs and laziness. The resemblance I see is in character (Which is the only bad thing to have compared to Russell). I'm not saying that I think Winston will get involved in drugs. What I'm saying is that to me he doesn't seem like a true leader yet. I think that throwing him into a losing situation will only highlight any poor character qualities. Losing divides a team and he doesn't need that. He would be better served sitting behind a top level QB for a couple years, and there are plenty that have 5 or less years before retirement. 4 of the top QBs in the league sat behind someone else early in their career, it would only help him develop more as a player/leader in my opinion.

I wasn't talking about ability on the field. To be honest there is no comparison on the field, Jamarcus was more gifted. Jamarcus was one of the best QB prospects in the last decade outside of Luck. He wasted his ability with things such as drugs and laziness. The resemblance I see is in character (Which is the only bad thing to have compared to Russell). I'm not saying that I think Winston will get involved in drugs. What I'm saying is that to me he doesn't seem like a true leader yet. I think that throwing him into a losing situation will only highlight any poor character qualities. Losing divides a team and he doesn't need that. He would be better served sitting behind a top level QB for a couple years, and there are plenty that have 5 or less years before retirement. 4 of the top QBs in the league sat behind someone else early in their career, it would only help him develop more as a player/leader in my opinion.

I think that all good QB prospects should do that, if we are being honest. So in that respect I agree. Teams just don't have that kind of patience anymore unfortunately..

Why the hate on Seattle?

They are one hell of a team and Russel Wilson is an amazing QB.

They are dominating this game right now.

Russell is good but I would never say "amazing". Their defense and Marshawn are great and everyone else does a good enough job.

And they are beating a team with a losing record just like they're supposed to.

Russell is good but I would never say "amazing". Their defense and Marshawn are great and everyone else does a good enough job.

And they are beating a team with a losing record just like they're supposed to.

Disagree,

He looks so much like Fran Tarkenton, one of the greatest QB of all time;

(excuse the shitty music)

I'm not upset. We weren't supposed to win 5 games in a row to end the season, we weren't supposed to win the division for the second year in a row, we weren't supposed to win a playoff game, yet we did.

I'm still proud of my boys. Good job Seattle! #KeepPounding #GPKP