NFL Discussion

Brady just released a statement that at one point says (and I'm paraphrasing) "This just proves that the NFL doesn't have good enough protocols on checking game balls." and at another point says "I believe that the NFL and the Colts set me up."

giphy.gif

Wow, you'd think that someone would tell this guy to not open his mouth anymore lol. All he's doing is making himself look like an ass, all he needs to say is yeah, I apologize to the fans and the NFL for my involvement in the act, I accept my penalty and plan to move forward.. yada yada yada. Either that, or if he plans to appeal maybe say so and don't comment further. Instead, he lied, then tried to blame everyone else lmao. Classy guy.

Wow, you'd think that someone would tell this guy to not open his mouth anymore lol. All he's doing is making himself look like an ass, all he needs to say is yeah, I apologize to the fans and the NFL for my involvement in the act, I accept my penalty and plan to move forward.. yada yada yada. Either that, or if he plans to appeal maybe say so and don't comment further. Instead, he lied, then tried to blame everyone else lmao. Classy guy.

Exactly. Also, if there was some crazy conspiracy between the Colts and the NFL, then what would the Colts even be getting out of it? They didn't retroactively get awarded the AFC Championship. They're not awarded draft picks or money. They even have to play him this year if the full suspension holds.

Would a team really risk everything just to make Tom Brady look like a dummy? Nope

All I got out of Deflategate was, "Hey look Brady is cheating!" then Brady plays lights out destroying the Colts 7 - 45 then goes out and tosses 4TDs and no INTS for TDS against arguably the best defense in the NFL. 

I don't even like the goddamn Pats but that was my simple observations. Colts came out sore and salty lookin imo

Hahaha Goodell is going to be the arbitrator in the Brady case

thats so absurd, talk about conflict of fucking interests.  how in the world does the NFL/NFLPA CBA allow the fucking comissioner to be the Arbiter?  I cant think of any other Union that would agree to allow the boss of the company preside over arbitration hearings.  just mind blowing to me.

thats so absurd, talk about conflict of fucking interests. how in the world does the NFL/NFLPA CBA allow the fucking comissioner to be the Arbiter? I cant think of any other Union that would agree to allow the boss of the company preside over arbitration hearings. just mind blowing to me.

I know right? The owners and NFLPA agreed to it just like Goodell's absurd salary

I dont care about his salary

The arbitrator selection is STUPID and it makes the NFLPA look so weak as a union by agreeing to it.  99% of CBA's have an arbitration selection where each party submits 3 - 5 arbiters and then they go through and agree to the 1 - 3 arbiters to hear the grievance.  MLB does this, where each side selects one arbiter and then the 3rd arbiter is an independent party selected from a pool either from the American Arbitration Association or the FMCS.  I get Godell is a lawyer by trade, and I can understand him being an arbiter, but not while being the COMISH OF THE LEAGUE THAT IS ONE OF THE PARTIES

I dont care about his salary

The arbitrator selection is STUPID and it makes the NFLPA look so weak as a union by agreeing to it. 99% of CBA's have an arbitration selection where each party submits 3 - 5 arbiters and then they go through and agree to the 1 - 3 arbiters to hear the grievance. MLB does this, where each side selects one arbiter and then the 3rd arbiter is an independent party selected from a pool either from the American Arbitration Association or the FMCS. I get Godell is a lawyer by trade, and I can understand him being an arbiter, but not while being the COMISH OF THE LEAGUE THAT IS ONE OF THE PARTIES

I agree 100000%

That is insane to me. Have we been watching the same guy? He can start for sure, but he hasn't accomplished anything. I bet that the only person happier than Tannehill is Russel Wilson, all he has to do is point to that contract to get what he wants.

Way too much money.

• 2 weeks later...