NFL Discussion

Yep, exactly -- because of how terrible Roy Williams was after his first 4 years.

Roy wasnt even that good his first 4 years! He only had 1 thousand yard season. And his highest TDs was 8 in a season. He was just ok. A #2 WR at best. That comparison is such a fucking joke dude. And I actually like you on here. 

Roy wasnt even that good his first 4 years! He only had 1 thousand yard season. And his highest TDs was 8 in a season. He was just ok. A #2 WR at best. That comparison is such a fucking joke dude. And I actually like you on here. 

That was just a player that popped into my head when I thought about guys who were pretty highly rated (I'll say top 10 in the league) and then dropped off the map. Yes, Dez is better than Roy Williams. I was just drawing a loose comparison.

You could also look at guys like Anquan Boldin, Joey Galloway, and Keyshawn Martin and compare them to Dez. Those guys also had strong starts to their career and didn't plunge off a cliff like Edwards or Williams.

Still, take Joey Galloway's first 4 years and extrapolate and you will get numbers similar to TO (something like 15k yards and 150 TDs). It just didn't happen for him. If we were talking about 10k and 100 Tds for Dez, I think that is reasonable (probably the average if you looked at guys with his start over the years to see where they end up). More than that is just too much speculation in my opinion.

nope. They're loud but so what? They have the loudest stadium in the country, they should embrace it.

It's so much more than that though. They talk more than any fan base, despite never winning anything. The loud thing is cool, but they completely overdo the 12th man thing with the banners all around the city and sad old men getting #12 jerseys.

Not like this is relevant but I start Young over Montana in MUT on Madden. Solely based on Young's speed for read options, keep Franco Harris and Lynch in the backfield for my trucking and screens :P

Which Young and Montana do you have? I have been rocking Frank Gore and William Perry as my primary HB/FB haha.

It's so much more than that though. They talk more than any fan base, despite never winning anything. The loud thing is cool, but they completely overdo the 12th man thing with the banners all around the city and sad old men getting #12 jerseys.

so if they win the SB then they won't be annoying anymore?

And isn't the #12th man the reason they're loud?