NFL Discussion

My predictions...

Seahawks v. Saints

-Remember what the Saints did last time in Seattle?  Absolutely nothing.

Regular Season <<<<<<<< Playoffs.

If you've watched football at all you know that regular season matchup means NOTHING

Last time I checked, the Seahawks almost lost to a hobbled RG3 and were dominated for 3 quarters by a hapless Falcons defense in the playoffs. Drew Brees has a little bit better track record.

Regular Season <<<<<<<< Playoffs.

If you've watched football at all you know that regular season matchup means NOTHING

Last time I checked, the Seahawks almost lost to a hobbled RG3 and were dominated for 3 quarters by a hapless Falcons defense in the playoffs. Drew Brees has a little bit better track record.

Did you even watch that game?  Saints looked pathetic on offense... they managed 1 score the entire game.  Not saying this game will be the same exact deal, but have you watched ANY Seattle home games?  Pretty hard to win in that building in the regular season... do you think it will quiet down for the playoffs?

What does Drew Brees have to do with Seattle struggling on offense vs. the Falcons?  Since that was last year... you're telling me that regular season vs. playoff matchup means "NOTHING" but a 2012 divisional playoff game has any bearing on a 2013 divisional playoff game with a different team?  If we're going by your logic.. the Saints gave up the most yards per game on defense last year, so I guess the Seahawks have the edge then, no?  Also not sure how a 24-14 victory over Washington is almost losing?  If my math is correct, that's a 2 score lead... only having let the 'Skins score in the first quarter.  How exactly is that almost losing??

You've literally given me 0 reason to doubt my opinion on who will win the game, so get the fuck out of here with your condescension.

Also the Vegas line has the Hawks as an 8 point favorite.  But what do they know, right?  

Johnny Manziel declared to enter the draft. of the top 8 teams, where does he end up? My money is Jacksonville

yeah I have a feeling I'll be wearing his jersey next year. Tho I'm still praying to the football gods that the texans surprise everyone and believe he needs to stay in Texas and we get bridgewater, I doubt it's even up for debate. I just have my doubts bc he's so small and to me tho he's really good at scrambling in college, his flaying around while he does is going to get him injured rg3 style. But that's just a jags fan weary of our draft picks and not over the fact we've yet to sign a first round star since Fred Taylor

Manziel scares me. The guys who are good runners out of college and are still doing well (Kaep, Wilson, even Alex Smith I guess) are all very safe about it and never get injured. Manziel's track record is already pretty sketchy about taking hits. Without better receiving talent I can see him scrambling way too much Michael Vick style.

Manziel scares me. The guys who are good runners out of college and are still doing well (Kaep, Wilson, even Alex Smith I guess) are all very safe about it and never get injured. Manziel's track record is already pretty sketchy about taking hits. Without better receiving talent I can see him scrambling way too much Michael Vick style.

I agree. He just doesn't seem like he'll learn to settle down. His mindset is to score a touchdown on every play, which isn't a sustainable way to play in the NFL.

Even though I'm not a fan of the guy, for the sake of whatever team drafts him, I hope he can keep it under control.

With it sounding like Wisenhunt is a lock to go to Detroit, I'm hoping the Vikings hire Zimmer. Our defense needs some serious work, and he's been in the league a long time and has a great track record of getting the most out of his players, and consistently making his team a top-10 defense. Plus after how passive and soft spoken Fraizer was, it would be nice to get a hard ass in here that demands excellence out of his players. Reminds me of Tomlin a little.

With it sounding like Wisenhunt is a lock to go to Detroit, I'm hoping the Vikings hire Zimmer. Our defense needs some serious work, and he's been in the league a long time and has a great track record of getting the most out of his players, and consistently making his team a top-10 defense. Plus after how passive and soft spoken Fraizer was, it would be nice to get a hard ass in here that demands excellence out of his players. Reminds me of Tomlin a little.

I'm not so sure it's a lock since he didnt cancel his next 2 interviews.  He is meeting with someone today, and supposedly the Browns tomorrow.  Any team that gives Zimmer a chance is lucky.  Dude has crazy intensity and demands the best from his guys.  I wish the Browns would bring him in but they're too stupid.