NFL Discussion

I wouldn't include him in my top 10, but that's just me. It's a subjective question to which there is no definitive answer. All apologies for offending you, but I think the majority of fans would laugh in your face for suggesting TO as the 2nd best receiver of all time.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1645156-why-terrell-owens-had-a-greater-nfl-career-than-randy-moss

I can see some good arguments about TO being number 2. He isn't my #2 per say but still he's definitely a top 10 statistically speaking. TO in his prime combined speed, hands and strength pretty much unmatched. The only guy I can compare to him is Dez Bryant. 

Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson both combine for speed and power as well, but they're in a league of their own. (Gentlemen of Quality WR's league) vs TO, M. Irvin, Bryant, Moss (Hollywood WR league)

Here's a little "all time" greatest WR list by bleacher report

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1466511-top-10-nfl-wide-receivers-of-all-time/page/2

So I know jay gruden was a horrible pick as a gc for the skins considering he is a big fan of the west coast offense, doesn't like the pistol, and probably can't handle the show that is rg3. However, I don't know enough about all the other candidate to say who would of been better. Help to prove my point would be awesome

Bump

I know this doesn't have much to do with the conversation, and I know I'm a Colts fan, but after looking at the all time receptions list I find it amazing that 2 of the top 10 all time receivers were on the same team at the same time (Harrison and Wayne)

Less overlap, but Rice and Owens too

Beneficiaries of great QB'ing more or less! Or is it the other way around???

Doing a Fan Duel for this weekend...

Going with Rivers, Marshawn, Donald Brown, Edleman, Demaryius, Keenan Allen, Julius Thomas, Novak, and Seattle D.  Came out $200 under the cap.

Feel pretty good about it... Peyton cost $3,500 more than Rivers.  Didn't see much value there.

Peyton will give you pass yards, Rivers will be mainly ground game is what they are predicting.

Montana/Young were great QB's with or without Rice/Owens, definitely Montana more than Young though. Master of the three step drop. Didn't matter who you lined up wide as long as they had hands.

Not like this is relevant but I start Young over Montana in MUT on Madden. Solely based on Young's speed for read options, keep Franco Harris and Lynch in the backfield for my trucking and screens :P

Compare Dez to Calvin and Calvin makes them look foolish. Now you need to compare Dez to Owens? How about we just let the guy play out a career before we give him his place in history?

I was just saying that he will shatter TO's records putting TO lower on the all time list. Calvin had nothing to do with it. I dont think Calvins body will allow him to play as long as Dez or TO

I was just saying that he will shatter TO's records putting TO lower on the all time list. Calvin had nothing to do with it. I dont think Calvins body will allow him to play as long as Dez or TO

The fact that Calvin is not "Megatron" in this thread makes every response false :P

Also T.O's body type and physical endurance made him the legend he is today :D

A better WR than Dez would obviously be Larry "the Lobster" Fitzgerald if Palmer gets canned :P

Larry > Dez

Palmer < Romo

Personally my favs (current) are Megatron, D. Thomas, Roddy White, Larry and Reggie Wayne (MUT bias) no doubt Dez is a great WR though ;)

Again, even in the last 5 years passing numbers have become so inflated that you can't just take guys from today and go stat for stat to players in the past.

Having said that, I don't care how good a start Bryant has had to his career, I wouldn't pencil anyone in for another 800 catches, 10,000 yards and 110 TD's

My point was fair -- It seems fine to me to compare Calvin against the all time greats. If he retired tomorrow he will still be remembered for records like the 2nd highest receiving yards in a game and the most in a season.

Compare Dez to Calvin, Owens, Rice, Moss and whoever else you want but you are jumping the gun. Dude has not put up about a quarter of the stats of some of those careers. And yeah, I get that you said "through his first 4 seasons", but look at what guys like Roy Williams and Braylon Edwards did in their first 4 years (not as good as Dez but in the ballpark). How did the rest of their career turn out? Extrapolating 4 seasons out 10 years in the future is just a waste of time.

Peyton will give you pass yards, Rivers will be mainly ground game is what they are predicting.

Honestly don't pay attention to "predictions" and focus more on my own opinion/gut feeling.  Rivers passes to his backs A LOT so I feel fine about the value proposition he offers.  Plus, at a much cheaper price than Peyton, I can afford to start Marshawn in a windy and loud CenturyLink which should shape up to be a run fest for the Hawks

My point was fair -- It seems fine to me to compare Calvin against the all time greats. If he retired tomorrow he will still be remembered for records like the 2nd highest receiving yards in a game and the most in a season.

Compare Dez to Calvin, Owens, Rice, Moss and whoever else you want but you are jumping the gun. Dude has not put up about a quarter of the stats of some of those careers. And yeah, I get that you said "through his first 4 seasons", but look at what guys like Roy Williams and Braylon Edwards did in their first 4 years (not as good as Dez but in the ballpark). How did the rest of their career turn out? Extrapolating 4 seasons out 10 years in the future is just a waste of time.

1,000+ years the last 2 seasons in his first 4 years and had 928 the year before those seasons. Double digit TDs last 2 years (9 and 6 before it). Comparing Dez to Braylon Edwards and Roy Williams is absolutely laughable. Even if you say they arent as good as him, putting them in the same ballpark/conversation is just ridiculous. Dez is only 3 TDs and a little over 1,000 yds shy of Roy's career TDs and yds (which is sad considering how big he was)

And Im not comparing him to Moss or Rice. Im just comparing him to TO. 

1,000+ years the last 2 seasons in his first 4 years and had 928 the year before those seasons. Double digit TDs last 2 years (9 and 6 before it). Comparing Dez to Braylon Edwards and Roy Williams is absolutely laughable. Even if you say they arent as good as him, putting them in the same ballpark/conversation is just ridiculous. Dez is only 3 TDs and a little over 1,000 yds shy of Roy's career TDs and yds (which is sad considering how big he was)

Yep, exactly -- because of how terrible Roy Williams was after his first 4 years.