NFL Discussion

If you look at the # of times Montana and Young were bounced in the early rounds of the playoffs, there's simply not enough playoff runs for Kaep to measure that stat. He is going to get a ring, maybe not this year, but its going to happen.

I don't think Kaep is as great of an offensive asset as to get a ring on his own, with out that top 5 defense the 9ers have they are probably 2 games above .500

and if there is a year he's going to get that ring, now's probably a better time than ever

Great stat about Kaep..

He's 3-0 on the road in the playoffs.

Montana and Young combined  = 1-7 on the road in the playoffs.

Even though they were the "home" team, I'd still say 3-1 with the Superbowl loss.

Also Kaep was at the helm for the 49ers' only Super Bowl loss in their history.

its amazing to see the state of disarray the Browns are in. or at least thats what it seems like, who knows maybe there is some master plan they have and none of us know about it. i highly doubt that though. we look like a joke. we are a joke. i have said it before and i will say it again, being a Browns fan (Cleveland fan) is the hardest team/city to be a fan of.

its amazing to see the state of disarray the Browns are in. or at least thats what it seems like, who knows maybe there is some master plan they have and none of us know about it. i highly doubt that though. we look like a joke. we are a joke. i have said it before and i will say it again, being a Browns fan (Cleveland fan) is the hardest team/city to be a fan of.

You are exactly right!

Even though they were the "home" team, I'd still say 3-1 with the Superbowl loss.

Also Kaep was at the helm for the 49ers' only Super Bowl loss in their history.

Well somebody had to do it. Young very easily could have held that title if he had ever managed to get the 49ers back to the Super Bowl.

Also, I think they call the SB loss a "neutral field" loss. Since there really isn't a home team advantage.

For real.  I started rooting for the Browns the past few years because I liked a few of the players (Hayden, Trich [rip], Gordon, Cameron, Hoyer), but its sad to see how out of touch with reality the front office is.  They definitely had a lot to build off of this season, but then to go and blow it all up makes no sense.  Fired a decent coach and now no one even wants to be considered for the job.

Maybe Greg Roman as a late compensation from Jim to John for Anquan Boldin this year?

haha that would be a nice present i would be willing to have.

I saw Norv Turner was a potential candidate.  I would think he would be a great hire for them.

i saw this too, however; i think its pending on whether or not the browns organization or the new hc (whenever they hire one) chooses if they want him to stay or not. i think it would be a great hire too.  im shooting for him or roman.

i still think they made the right move with trent richardson.  guy doesn't have nfl talent. going into the season, i was saying how insanely high people were on him, however; i thought he couldn't stay healthy....truth is he can't stay away from the line of scrimmage. 

If you compare the talent level in the Browns organization vs the other bottom 5 teams this year its not even close (besides maybe the Texans but they had a really OFF year). With some consistency they really should be at least a .500 team if not better.

With that defense and the key pieces they have in place on offense.. a solid QB (maybe even a healthy Hoyer) and another WR that doesn't drop 50%+ of balls thrown his way (you suck, Little) and a good RB, I'd say they would definitely be better than a .500 team.

i saw this too, however; i think its pending on whether or not the browns organization or the new hc (whenever they hire one) chooses if they want him to stay or not. i think it would be a great hire too.  im shooting for him or roman.

i still think they made the right move with trent richardson.  guy doesn't have nfl talent. going into the season, i was saying how insanely high people were on him, however; i thought he couldn't stay healthy....truth is he can't stay away from the line of scrimmage. 

Yes, I am one of the Trent supporters who has been proven wrong.  Even with a solid off-season program with the Colts, I don't see him being much more than a 3rd down/short yardage back.  

And Norv is a moron if he doesn't jump ship for the Ravens job if it's offered to him.  Clearly the Browns office has no loyalty or a clue as to what they are doing.  Having the best young WR in the game to work with is probably still somewhat appealing.

I'm watching the Rams closely this offseason.  With 2 top 13 picks this year, they could be a real force next year.

I just hope they finally see that Sam Bradford is not their franchise guy and get themselves a real quarterback. I thought that Clemens did a much better job distributing the football than Bradford has really ever done.

EDIT

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000311653/article/sam-bradford-locked-in-as-rams-qb-les-snead-says

Guess not

I just hope they finally see that Sam Bradford is not their franchise guy and get themselves a real quarterback. I thought that Clemens did a much better job distributing the football than Bradford has really ever done.

EDIT

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000311653/article/sam-bradford-locked-in-as-rams-qb-les-snead-says

Guess not

I agree. In that division, they're going to need someone better than Bradford at QB.

Typical response..

People dislike Seattle because of who they have chosen as the voices of their franchise. Don't kid yourself. Russell Wilson is not the first person people think about when they think of Seattle anymore. It's Richard Sherman and his arrogant mouth. That's where the dislike comes from.

Gotta agree with ya here

If you compare the talent level in the Browns organization vs the other bottom 5 teams this year its not even close (besides maybe the Texans but they had a really OFF year). With some consistency they really should be at least a .500 team if not better.

I agree. We do have some damn good talent on this team - Haden, Flash, Mack, Thomas, Ward, etc. Its just a matter of us getting out shit together which we seem we never can do.

I was listening to local sports radio here awhile back and one of the guys (who I often agree with and repsect) was comparing us to the Steelers. he said the only different between us and them is they have a good QB. if you exchange Ben for the mess we had we would be .500 or better while the Steelers would be lucky to have 4ish wins.

completely agree on TRich. not going to lie when the trade first happened I was beyond pissed. I thought he was going to be a stud like many others. so while the front office made a phenomenal move with that trade it wont mean anything if we cant hit on the draft pick.

I'm watching the Rams closely this offseason.  With 2 top 13 picks this year, they could be a real force next year.

ive heard "experts" saying the NFC West will be the best division in football next year. they say not one team will be below .500.

Nope! It's being a fan of San Diego pro sports teams! Zero combined championships for the Chargers and Padres!

Same thing for Cleveland...except they have 2 teams with no rings and one that hasnt won a championship since 1948. Plus one of their teams got taken away for awhile. Id say Cleveland has it a lot worse.