NFL Discussion

I loved Kaep when he bursted onto the scene. My problem is I usually like everyone and it's really hard for me to judge someone because of their antics with "society." I've always been of the believer that the entertainer is sane, and it's society who's just crazy.

If you make that much money playing a game and don't pay it forward in some way, you are a shitbird.

Browns showing interest in Adam Gase. He refuses to interview until the Broncos season is over (after they win the SB ). Unless Manning is unable to pass his checkup in March and Gase knows it, he would be stupid to take the job. I believe he will be NFL coach, but throwing a young OC into an organization like to Browns is crazy.

Hiring Gase would be a bad idea for anyone. First year OC with Peyton as your QB does not scream head coach to me at all. He's got one of the easier coaching jobs in the NFL

Hiring Gase would be a bad idea for anyone. First year OC with Peyton as your QB does not scream head coach to me at all. He's got one of the easier coaching jobs in the NFL

I agree. Lack if experience and having a QB that is basically the OC is pretty nice. It may be hard to refuse a big offer though.

Kaep puts up a tough exterior to the media because it's something Harbaugh wants him to do...plus he plays with a huge chip on his shoulder because he feels he was the best QB in his draft and was unhappy he slid to the second round. 

Honestly, as a long time Niner fan, I love the kid. Some of my family/friends wishes he would be more 'professional' like Montana and Young but I think the NFL is just in a different place right now. 

federal judge said today that the $765 Million dollar settlement between the NFL and NFLPA is not enough for NFL players. that is fucking amazing. thought that wasnt enough when it was announced since its for past, present and future players

LOVE THIS.

Here's to hoping the nfl plays ball and they can hash out a new deal quickly rather than tie it up in the courts for a decade

Lions sign Caldwell to be next coach.  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000313063/article/jim-caldwell-to-be-hired-by-detroit-lions-as-coach

Good signing.  he should cut out a bunch of the BS and discipline issues the Lions have

http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/5017/lions-make-interesting-choice-in-caldwell

Caldwell reached the Super Bowl in his first season as Indianapolis' head coach, losing to New Orleans, 31-17, in Super Bowl XLIV. The Colts made the playoffs in his second season, too.

But without Manning and left with a horrific quarterback situation, Caldwell started 0-13 and finished 2-14. It was a situation few coaches could have won in and it eventually led to his dismissal. But another question remains is that if Indianapolis had enough confidence that Caldwell was the man for the future, why didn't it keep him to groom and mentor Andrew Luck?

When he was the head coach at Wake Forest, he had one winning season in seven years and only won more than three games twice in his tenure. That raises the questions about his long-term ability to be a head coach as well.

Kaep puts up a tough exterior to the media because it's something Harbaugh wants him to do...plus he plays with a huge chip on his shoulder because he feels he was the best QB in his draft and was unhappy he slid to the second round. 

Honestly, as a long time Niner fan, I love the kid. Some of my family/friends wishes he would be more 'professional' like Montana and Young but I think the NFL is just in a different place right now. 

My dad (grew up in the Bay Area, lived in Palo Alto during the Stanford (Marino-Montana Super Bowl) ALWAYS does that with me. I'm constantly having to defend the things he does in games because he thinks he's too much of a "punk". Kaep just keeps proving him wrong though so slowly I think he's coming around on him.

Typical response..

People dislike Seattle because of who they have chosen as the voices of their franchise. Don't kid yourself. Russell Wilson is not the first person people think about when they think of Seattle anymore. It's Richard Sherman and his arrogant mouth. That's where the dislike comes from.

Typical response..

People dislike Seattle because of who they have chosen as the voices of their franchise. Don't kid yourself. Russell Wilson is not the first person people think about when they think of Seattle anymore. It's Richard Sherman and his arrogant mouth. That's where the dislike comes from.

Typical Seattle hating response

Lions with another 4th quarter collapse...being unable to sign Wiz

He chose to go to the Titans.  I read that the Lions sent their private jet down to pick him up but he didn't come back on it.  Why he would take the Titans over the Lions is a mystery to me.  Unless he has a family and doesn't want to move them to the Greater Detroit Area?  Who knows.

Why would you sign Caldwell?  Let's hire a coach coming off a dismal season.

On the field is on the field. I think he meant off the field.

I completely agree, on the field is on the field. I can't recall Sherman doing much shit-talking off the field, just during the game which I'm completely ok with. I just assumed he meant on the field since there's been so many comments lately about fans getting their panties in a twist over in game hypeness.

Typical response..

Its about the sport and the team to most people, not a single player making arrogant comments. Jumping on a franchise-wide hate train based off one player's off-field hype antics is a hilarious concept. 

So am I allowed then to dislike the team because their head coach is a known cheater on the college level who jumped ship right before the punishment hammer fell?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say NINERS fan. No one would be this annoying and persistent with the "I hate Seattle" horn

So am I allowed then to dislike the team because their head coach is a known cheater on the college level who jumped ship right before the punishment hammer fell?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the USC scandal about Reggie Bush taking 'gifts' from agents?  While I do not know if Carroll had a hand in this or not, its seems more of a rules/conduct violation.  I wouldn't say that makes him a known cheater on the college level.

But I do agree - I have a certain distaste for players and coaches who screw over their college programs and jump ship before they have to face any consequences (Terrelle Pryor, Lane Kiffin, etc.).