NFL Discussion

He chose to go to the Titans.  I read that the Lions sent their private jet down to pick him up but he didn't come back on it.  Why he would take the Titans over the Lions is a mystery to me.  Unless he has a family and doesn't want to move them to the Greater Detroit Area?  Who knows.

Why would you sign Caldwell?  Let's hire a coach coming off a dismal season.

There are a couple potential reasons for Wiz turning us down.

1) he got an extra million from Tenn

2) our ownership and front office

3) his family wanted Nashville over Detroit

Turning us down cause of #3 would be a mistake. It's not like his family would have been living at 6 and Chalmers. There are areas of Southeastern Michigan that are as nice as Orange County. 1 and 2 make sense to me, though.

Why did we hire Caldwell? My thinking is panic to save face after Wiz snubbed us. Almost everyone here is negative on it.

We suck. End of story.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1770803-hatred-between-jim-harbaugh-and-pete-carroll-is-real-everlasting

Somewhat funny back and forth on twitter between Dixon and KJ Wright.  Gotta love bench players taking shots at the other team.

My personal favorite twitter war was the Osi vs. Shady battles a few years ago.

Dixon and Wright are both sort of starters right now. Dixon is on ST and had been playing a bit of FB and will get at least a handful of snaps with Tukuafu hurt and KJ Wright was a starter before he broke his foot

But that is funny. The best part of the rivalry is the waiver wire ping pong. Gotta feel bad for some of those guys who keep getting bounced between teams for sarcastic effect.

Turning us down cause of #3 would be a mistake. It's not like his family would have been living at 6 and Chalmers. There are areas of Southeastern Michigan that are as nice as Orange County. 1 and 2 make sense to me, though.

Why did we hire Caldwell? My thinking is panic to save face after Wiz snubbed us. Almost everyone here is negative on it.

We suck. End of story.

Also possibilities -- the lions cap is screwed (mega contracts for stafford, Calvin, suh) and reportedly the Lions were not open to the 3-4 defense

Dixon and right are both starters right now. Dixon is on ST and had been playing a bit of FB and KJ Wright was a starter before he broke his foot

But that is funny.

I know KJ is/was a starter, I was referring to Dixon who at the time of the comments wasn't starting.  Kind of ironic that Wright broke his foot in the second 49ers game though.

We suck. End of story.

You don't even have to go that far.  Sterling Heights is a very nice area and that's just 20 minutes up the road.

Some people think Caldwell was the right hire, but I don't share their optimism.  I agree with you that it seems like a panic hire.

Why hire a guy who's been fired as a head coach twice in the past three years?

Bottom line is I want to see Johnson win a Superbowl.  He deserves that.

Bottom line is I want to see Johnson win a Superbowl.  He deserves that.

I agree....hell, I feel that way about Patrick Willis and Frank Gore. Dudes deserve their rings.

Now only us and Browns are looking to hire a coach now. Sounds like Zimmer will end up being hired here, and I'm glad as he was a close second to Wisenhunt for me. I don't see why anyone would want to coach the Browns. The whole franchise is a shit show.

I would imagine the slim chance at drafting a really successful quarterback in the first round and riding said player to the playoffs would be one of the main incentives. I would think you would have endless opportunities elsewhere if you could be the coach that got the Browns back to an AFC North title

I would imagine the slim chance at drafting a really successful quarterback in the first round and riding said player to the playoffs would be one of the main incentives. I would think you would have endless opportunities elsewhere if you could be the coach that got the Browns back to an AFC North title

The problem and rumor here is that Haslem, Banner, and Lombardi aren't all on the same page.  It doesn't help when candidates call Chud and he says the same thing.  2 candidates have pulled themselves out ouf contention on their own, and everyone else seems to have landed jobs elsewhere.  Supposedly, the number one guy right now on our radar is Adam Gase.  Not too happy about that, but really...  as a Browns fan, what choice do we have?  Nobody wants to come here and its understandably so.

Great stat about Kaep..

He's 3-0 on the road in the playoffs.

Montana and Young combined  = 1-7 on the road in the playoffs.

greater stat about those other two..

Montana and Young have 5 superbowl victories

Kaep has zero

Kaep has zero

If you look at the # of times Montana and Young were bounced in the early rounds of the playoffs, there's simply not enough playoff runs for Kaep to measure that stat. He is going to get a ring, maybe not this year, but its going to happen.

If you look at the # of times Montana and Young were bounced in the early rounds of the playoffs, there's simply not enough playoff runs for Kaep to measure that stat. He is going to get a ring, maybe not this year, but its going to happen.

same with road records, kaepernick has only played in 2 seasons, when he's got the number of years in the league montana and young have lets revisit how he does on the road in the playoffs.  he could end up 3 - 10 in his career for all we know

Kaep has zero

I was just about to say Montana has 4 to himself :P

I want 49ers to win, but at the same time I'm loving my Bronco Off and Seahawk Def combo :P

Also my new bar buddy is a Seahawks fan, so I will be alongside rooting at Bdubs this weekend :P