NCAA Football Discussion

cannot believe that OSU pulled off that win. i mean, if it wasn't for two blatantly obvious, terrible terrible reffing calls (see: http://www.sbnation.com/2014/10/25/7071291/ohio-state-interception-gif-penn-state ), Penn State would have beat them. I love my Nittany Lions, but we were not a good team this year. As it was, we still took them to double overtime.

and they almost made it back last night. Is that backup QB any good behind Sims or do you think they recruit someone else to be QB next year?

the backup is just as much of a wildcard as sims, but we will be just fine at QB with Coker, Cooper Bateman, David Cornwell, and a legit freshman coming in named Blake Barnett (he's the real deal). I hope that 12-2 is always disappointing and losing always sucks, never wanna get used to it for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Oregon just can't hang with elite programs. That offense doesn't transfer well.

As an FSU fan living in Oregon (albeit OSU country - not like team loyalty really matters much to PNW people it seems) I have to say it has been entertaining today to see people try and tell me otherwise. Both championship games they were totally outmatched on O/D-Line all game. The annoying thing is that UO has the brand recognition to recruit those big boys on the line but it's just way too easy for them to recruit exclusively in Hawaii and Southern Cali.

Penn State is held to another level of holy hierarchy in Pennsylvania.  The amount of wasted tax dollars trying to "get Joe his wins back" is so fucking unreal.  I am so happy our state reps are spending their time arguing this in Harrisburg instead of literally ANYTHING ELSE THAT ACTUALLY FUCKING MATTERS.  The center of this state could be swallowed hole for all I care

You're telling me. I'm 15 minutes from Penn State Berks and all these idiots preach is about getting his wins back and or statue. Let's not forget that he was posed to go down as one of the greatest head coaches in college football and overall great guy but you know turned a blind eye to children being molested so fuck that legacy right the fuck off. Anyone who think his wins and statue should be restored basically doesn't care about child molestation and is a dickhead.

You're telling me. I'm 15 minutes from Penn State Berks and all these idiots preach is about getting his wins back and or statue. Let's not forget that he was posed to go down as one of the greatest head coaches in college football and overall great guy but you know turned a blind eye to children being molested so fuck that legacy right the fuck off. Anyone who think his wins and statue should be restored basically doesn't care about child molestation and is a dickhead.

amen.  I lost all respect for Joe Paterno and his family and the supporters because of this. 

Maybe I didn't get all the story but didn't Paterno report this to his higher ups who then sat on the info?

Fairly certain he claimed he didn't know about the incident in 1998 but he really did know about it and did nothing until much later when Mike McQueary witnessed Sandusky in the showers with a young kid in 2001.

Point being I'm so fed up with all things Penn State and Joe Pa because everyone and their mother in PA is still on about it.

amazed at how many falacies people believe about penn state. no use talking to anyone about them.

the sanctions against the football team(taking the wins and scholarships away, etc) made no sense and that's why they're considering giving them back.

punishing the current students and players had absolutely nothing to do with the heinous acts of one man, and the inaction of others at the top.

go ahead, hate me if you want. that's totally fine with me.

amazed at how many falacies people believe about penn state. no use talking to anyone about them.

the sanctions against the football team(taking the wins and scholarships away, etc) made no sense and that's why they're considering giving them back.

punishing the current students and players had absolutely nothing to do with the heinous acts of one man, and the inaction of others at the top.

go ahead, hate me if you want. that's totally fine with me.

Take off the navy colored glasses and read the Freeh Report in its entireity.

Those wins wouldn't have existed had the truth been revealed when it initially happened. Those scholarships would have been pulled by the NCAA. They have to pay the price for the actions that took place and there is no statute of limitations to keep that away.

As for the NCAA, fuck em if they give anything back to Joe Pa. If we're lucky the NCAA will be gone in a few years if the 4 super conference dream ever comes to fruition.

I have never agreed with the revocation of scholarships. Take away wins and championships all you want but why punish current players who have nothing to do with it?

Not to mention you are denying STUDENTS the opportunity of a free education.

I never agreed with the taking scholarships away with the students as a penalty for their inaction and ineptitude.. 

fallacies?  well I guess we'll never know because the one person who had the opportunity to actually shed light as to what he actually knew at the time is dead and buried.  

So they give the wins and the records, then what?  the fines?  you realize they're trying to cover this up, YET AGAIN, right?  removing any signs of punishment for the complete ignorance of what was going on.

I have never agreed with the revocation of scholarships. Take away wins and championships all you want but why punish current players who have nothing to do with it?

Not to mention you are denying STUDENTS the opportunity of a free education.

Not really. If you're good enough to get a scholly from PSU then chances are that you can get one from another school. They revoke scholarships so that schools can't put a premium team on the field/court and sit back collecting millions and millions of dollars.