NCAA Football Discussion

I never agreed with the taking scholarships away with the students as a penalty for their inaction and ineptitude..

fallacies? well I guess we'll never know because the one person who had the opportunity to actually shed light as to what he actually knew at the time is dead and buried.

So they give the wins and the records, then what? the fines? you realize they're trying to cover this up, YET AGAIN, right? removing any signs of punishment for the complete ignorance of what was going on.

What else would you prefer them to do in this situation? Leave the punishment as is. Sandusky is gone for a long time but how do you think Penn St should be punished?

What else would you prefer them to do in this situation? Leave the punishment as is. Sandusky is gone for a long time but how do you think Penn St should be punished?

yes, leave the punishment as is, make them pay far more money than they did.  They as an institution,failed.  The school is just as responsible for this going on as JoePa and the Football program is.

Fuck the NCAA.

The NCAA had/has no authority to punish schools for that. What Penn St did is borderline criminal, and they are probably liable in civil court, but there is no NCAA rule against having a pedophile on staff. The NCAA had zero authority to levy the fine in first place.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...