PO: Holy Fawn - Dimensional Bleed (9/9/2022)

6 hours ago, N8TRU said:

I'm really glad they're playing Yawning live. I'll dare to say it's the best song off Death Spells. On their fall headliner they said it felt weird (out of place essentially) to have it in the set but hopefully they're embracing it more.

That and Seer are my two favorites. Although I’ve been listening to the new record more than Death Spells ever since it came out. Those first few tracks feels emotionally devastating 

On 6/10/2023 at 11:16 AM, N8TRU said:

I'm really glad they're playing Yawning live. I'll dare to say it's the best song off Death Spells. On their fall headliner they said it felt weird (out of place essentially) to have it in the set but hopefully they're embracing it more.

Yes!!!!!  Full agree!!!!

Ryan said the same thing when we saw the headlining tour last year.  It was funny, in Boston he began that part of the set with a quip about "We're going to play some stuff we don't usually get to play...." and i've been yelling Yawning at them for YEARS, so I did that again because it's kind of become a joke with us, and without missing a beat, Austin immediately starts into the drum intro and I lost my shit screaming because I never expected to hear it again, and he looked right at me and laughed lol.  They're such nice people.  I love it. 

I told Ryan afterwards that I thought it fit because of the Thrice crowd being used to more high energy stuff.  My Thrice friends complained that Holy Fawn is too slow lol so I think it helps their case in this context.  We talked a bit about Gloandi too, he said he redid all of the tracks for that and remade them for the live show.  Very cool drop.  Now we need Foal next!  They teased a snippet of it in an old social media video maybe last summer or so, once touring was gearing back up. 

On 6/10/2023 at 4:12 PM, lostcrimes said:

Got reaaaaally excited because they hinted at a vinyl pressing recently 😒

Coming this Fall i believe is the time frame!

On 6/10/2023 at 12:20 AM, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

All good, dude.

Thanks man.  It's a thing... i hate it.  I get a lot of shit from my friends, and they all mean it in a playful teasing way, but it gets old after while you know? 

On 6/10/2023 at 5:39 PM, prowl20 said:

That and Seer are my two favorites. Although I’ve been listening to the new record more than Death Spells ever since it came out. Those first few tracks feels emotionally devastating

Yeah, Seer has become a favorite too.  That one took a bit for me to warm up to, and it was especially powerful as a closer.  I think this is the first time I haven't seen them play Arrows either. 

I'm going to put Dimensional Bleed on now, I always forget to spin it haha.  Death Spells is such a tremendous album, it kind of overshadows everything else from them for me. 

Edited by Gumbo72203