Is this salvageable?

Hi there everyone,

A record I recently ordered from Trustkill got bent by Fedex in shipping.

Like so:

[image]

[image]

[image]

It's obviously not playable as it is. I did email Trustkill immediately to ask for a replacement. But, in case they decide to be dicks and say no, can this one be saved? Would it be be worthwhile to try flattening it back out myself?

Guest kevinb

i'l tell you why also, its because you shipped fed ex. i work there & i know they dont handle small shit good at all they just litterly throw it wherever it fits

pretty sure fedex gives you automatic insurance up to 100 dollars so theres pretty much no reason for them not to replace it. then again, trustkill hasnt been exactly branded with superior customer service. hope for your sake im proven wrong.

pretty sure though that record is not salvageable. if you have weightlifting equipment, you might be able to get it to flatten by sandwiching the record between some mailer pads and taking a very large plate (you know like a 45 lb plate you'd use for benchpressing) and putting it on top and letting it sit for a long time, maybe even put it outside in the heat and do it. i did this with my pygmy lush lp that i got from lovitt and it worked. granted, it didnt have nearly as bad of a bend/warp as that does, but it was bad enough to effect the playability.