Suburban Home signs Austin Lucas

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

Suburban Home records could not be more excited about signing Austin Lucas. I had first heard of him when I picked up a split 7” with him and Chuck Ragan. The split inspired me to pick up his latest album, “Putting the Hammer Down” released by Magic Bullet/Hometown Caravan and I just fell in love. I had emailed Austin asking him to be a part of our Under the Influence spilt 7” series and was happy to hear that he was interested in contributing. Assuming I was waiting on his next correspondence, I hadn’t written him back for some months and then one day while talking to Mike Hale, Mike had mentioned that Austin had recently relocated to Portland, Oregon, from Praha, Czech Republic. I did not know this at the time, but Mike and Austin are good friends. Mike told me that I should give Austin a call and talk. I did just that and right away, Austin and I hit it off. Our conversation led to a few emails, which lead to a discussion of us possibly releasing his next album. Not being one to stop on someone’s toes, especially a great label like Magic Bullet, we both asked for the label’s blessing in putting out Austin’s next album and today, I am excited to say that Austin Lucas is the latest artist to join the Suburban Home family.

Austin will be rounding out the year by joining Chuck Ragan, Tim Barry, and Ben Nichols on a few dates of the Revival Tour as well as a performance at this year’s Fest. He has been writing what will be his debut for Suburban Home which he plans to record in Ohio employing his family to play and record. We hope to have this album out in March of 2009.

We are so excited to have Austin a part of our family. He has one of the greatest voices in roots music and his lyrics really cut to the core.

thanks for all the guesses, there were some really great guesses that I hope will become true. I am so stoked to release Austin's next album. He is amazing.

Never would have guest Lucas. So excited. I have all of his solo stuff, it's all fantastic. I would highly recomend anyone interested get both his full lengths and the "At War with Freak Folk" 10". All amazing.

we have 50 copies of at war with freak folk coming in soon so expect us to post those soon.