i love hot topic employees

flood

How D, new here, just thought I'd drop my HT experience in.

I don't live in a city where there's a HT anymore, but back in my hometown there was one. I went there one day b/c I knew they had vinyl and the only record store had since closed down. Bought a Misfits RI and that was it...over-priced, but still was in good shape. Last time I was back up at home I stopped in to see if they had anything decent on vinyl while I was at the mall...just so happened they had the Joy Division RI of "Closer" for 7 bucks...got back to the town I live in now and went to local record store here...same exact record was sellin' for 18+tax. Everybody that works there at the Hot Topic (as everybody has thoroughly mentioned before) are complete Half-Tard Douche-Nozzles...but thusfar their (tiny) vinyl section hasn't disapointed me. [let's also keep in mind my collection is relatively tiny compared to most of this board]

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first time i was ever in a HT was when they first started opening stores(duh) whenever that was seems like 6 or 7 years ago maybe. Anyway, I was on vacation in Jacksonville Fla and walked into one. I was surprised to find that had a pretty large CD section but when I asked if they had vinyl the gothic kid behind the counter pointed me in the direction of the pants.( I guess I should have known better) but they did start carrying records after a bit, i just cant bring myself to actually go to the mall.

when i worked at the mall hot topic was two doors down and for some reason we always had a problem or something with their employees. i put a fart bag off in their store because one of the dumb bitches that worked there spilled soda in our store and didnt do shit about it. and they had this manager that was a girl getting a sex change to a guy. she progressed from the short haircut, to getting her tits removed, to getting facial hair and her voice changed. she called herself "jay". so we would always call their store and when she would answer we would say "jane? jane? no not jay. jane? jane?" she actually called the cops and tried to file a sexual harassment report.

when I asked if they had vinyl the gothic kid behind the counter pointed me in the direction of the pants.( I guess I should have known better)

thats funny because i went to the mall farther away from my house with my girlfriend a few months ago and while i was there i went to see what HT had. I asked where the record section was and he pointed at cds, so i asked again and he walked me over to the cd section and said "here are our records"

Idiots!

And nice vacation... why the hell would you come to this shithole?

I went into HT last Friday after killing 2 liters at Dunderbaks, opened the new Me First LPs to check if they had a blue I could flip (sorta kidding), but they were black. I also swiped some lame comb-in green hair dye for fun. I then asked the employee if he knew whether or not the new live NOFX 2xLP that was 14 feet up on the wall was on color and he said "I think it's on black, but it comes with the CD"...I started laughing and walked out.

Dude, that wasn't that bad. The guy knew what you were talking about and mentioned that it comes with a CD, which it does.

i stopped at the hot topic near me today on the way home from work to check out how their vinyl selection has come along. most vinyl i've seen at a hot topic to date. still hate that damn floor level rack. i'm too tall and my ass hangs out when i bend/kneel down to check that shit. stupid! ::)

oddly, they have tons of vinyl VC people rave about. have heart, against me, the carrier, OFF WITH THEIR HEADS. i was really shocked to see all the selection of stuff they have that VC offers and carries with pride. impressed. the girl asked if she could help me find something in particular, obviously their staff knows jack about vinyl. almost picked up that evergreen terrace barf colored vinyl for $5.

the less people know about vinyl, the more chance i'm going to find something cool in there eventually. i was hoping to get the new deicide picture LP on clearance but they didn't even have it. aww :(

My local Hot Topic has had a copy of Deftones' Saturday Night Wrist sitting in their store for nearly two years now for $22.99 or something absurd like that. Every time I go in there, I check the clearance rack hoping it will be there, but it never is -- it's always nestled in the regular vinyl rack with the same ridiculous price.

Guest genericinsight

One of the few positives I've found of living in NYC is there isn't a Hot Topic for miles, unless you go to a mall in NJ or Long Island. I didn't even know what one was until maybe 1998 and I found out through kids I knew online who lived in other places.

Not that I'd go into one if we did have them here, and which isn't to say NYC doesn't have their own stores that are just as bad...

That said, I've only walked into HT maybe 3-4 times in my life and none of the ones I've been to have had a decent vinyl selection. One of them didn't have vinyl at all.

Also, the few times I've been to them in the New England area, my personal belief is:

Newbury Comics > Hot Topic

i go to hot topic most times i go to the mall. i'm not ashamed that i do it. but i like the trips inside to be short, and if i DO buy something, i turn the bag inside out (or get a bag from another store). haha, yep. not ashamed at all.

on a side note, my buddy bought the HT color of MICF the other day. it's pretty.

I went into HT last Friday after killing 2 liters at Dunderbaks, opened the new Me First LPs to check if they had a blue I could flip (sorta kidding), but they were black. I also swiped some lame comb-in green hair dye for fun. I then asked the employee if he knew whether or not the new live NOFX 2xLP that was 14 feet up on the wall was on color and he said "I think it's on black, but it comes with the CD"...I started laughing and walked out.

Dude, that wasn't that bad. The guy knew what you were talking about and mentioned that it comes with a CD, which it does.

that's kind of what i was thinking too...

out of the hot topics i've been to, most of the people actually have been alright, and some have been cool. and this week, or something, clearance is an extra 50% off, so i ended up picking up dashboard confessional - the shade of poison trees and bad religion - new maps of hell for $3.75 each. i could've gotten modern life is war - midnight in america for that much too, but i already had a copy of that... and a couple weeks ago i got a couple copies of crime in stereo - is dead (black w/ star) for $3.25.. i guess i should post that in hot topic vinyl finds but i'm too lazy to search for it

I don't mind the one I go to, the manager there is this reallllly really cute girl. Anyways she knows me by now because I bought a belt there and it said 34 but it was a 32 so I had to go back and exchange and she would make fun of me and badger me asking why I don't go somewhere else and stop bothering her and I told her that this place has belts that you can pop off the end for a buckle and vinyl, otherwise I wouldn't come in here and so whenever I need to go get something that's "exclusive" there or whatever she's always there and lifts up my shirt to make sure I have "her" belt on. So as far as I'm concerned, I like my Hot Topic.

I don't mind the one I go to, the manager there is this reallllly really cute girl. Anyways she knows me by now because I bought a belt there and it said 34 but it was a 32 so I had to go back and exchange and she would make fun of me and badger me asking why I don't go somewhere else and stop bothering her and I told her that this place has belts that you can pop off the end for a buckle and vinyl, otherwise I wouldn't come in here and so whenever I need to go get something that's "exclusive" there or whatever she's always there and lifts up my shirt to make sure I have "her" belt on. So as far as I'm concerned, I like my Hot Topic.

goth girls FTW

One of the few positives I've found of living in NYC is there isn't a Hot Topic for miles, unless you go to a mall in NJ or Long Island. I didn't even know what one was until maybe 1998 and I found out through kids I knew online who lived in other places.

Not that I'd go into one if we did have them here, and which isn't to say NYC doesn't have their own stores that are just as bad...

That said, I've only walked into HT maybe 3-4 times in my life and none of the ones I've been to have had a decent vinyl selection. One of them didn't have vinyl at all.

Also, the few times I've been to them in the New England area, my personal belief is:

Newbury Comics > Hot Topic

when i went to visit my friends in CT, they took me to newbury in rhode island and my jaw dropped. bought all kinds of their vinyl. tons of first press and oop stuff too. i think most people were asleep. even got quintron picture LP. rulessss. definitely better stuff than hot topic.

Wow...a lot of judgemental ashholes here. Never really paid attention to the type of people that work there. I walk in check out the vinyl and leave. Its the only store in the mall that has anything that interests me so I go. Then again I'm 34 and gave up a long time ago caring about such trivial shit.

and then again, hot topic isn't for guys like you.

there are some fuckin idiots that work there but theres some cool one to. my local ht is pretty cool. 2 dudes that work there are in hardcore bands so they sre cool plus they call me when good vinyl come in. also ht is a necessary evil alot of times because as lame as they are some places like the shithole town i live in it is the only place to get vinyl.

I usually don't find many problems with the employees mostly just the shoppers. One time I actually found someone else looking at the vinyl and about to purchase ISHC and asked them if they had been buying vinyl for very long and she told me she doesn't listen to it, just liked the artwork and was going to hang it on her wall.