"Cheesiest" record in your collection

jhulud

eddie murphy - party all the time

vanilla ice - roll em up (test press)

blondie - greatest hits

blondie - parallel lines (picture disc and regular copy)

blondie - eat to the beat

blondie - atomic 7''

blondie - heart of glass 7''

war - the world is a ghetto

war - greatest hits

melvin, i don't think anyone would consider any of those cheesy... well except the 1st two.

agreed. vanilla ice probably the worst fucking thing ever put on vinyl. that is a bold statement, but fuck that guy in every way possible. sorry to those that like him

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly most of these cheesy records people are naming are records I either own or would buy in a heart beat...

I have a spider man 7" that was supposed to follow along with a companion book...I think I have a Tron one like that too...but both of those are more just campy rather than cheesy.

[image]cheesy cover but actually a great record

[image]

That Johnny "Guitar" Watson album has to own...the cover art alone promises soooo much funk. 8-)

I have the "Party All the Time" 12-inch single. Funny story about that one: my band used to cover party all the time when we were a two-piece bass/keys/drum machine "weird-mostly instrumental-electro-funk-jazz" band with me doing vocals ::)...we stopped playing it after we got a drummer because it got a bit too close to gimmicky for our tastes (it was the most requested song haha), so I told people that Eddie Murphy sent us a letter telling us we could no longer play it. Maybe that's why people don't really come out to our shows anymore....hmmm... ???

"You never come home at night, because you're out romancin'....I wish you'd bring some of your love home to me...my girl wants to party all the time, party all the time, party all the time" CLASSIC! ;D

honestly most of these cheesy records people are naming are records I either own or would buy in a heart beat...

backed...even the C.M.B., but I would pick that up because it was campy/cheesy...and between $0.10 and $1.00 at a thrift store/dollar bin at a record store. Herbie Hancock "Futureshock" is synthesizer city. Still good, but not as great as his 60's to late 70's records...those jazz cats recorded SO MUCH music... :D

People who know me would not be surprised that I own those records. Also I feel not the least bit embarrassed about owning them. But as far as cheesy goes the following probably qualify:

beach boys - kokomo (7" and 12")

brian wilson - what i really want for christmas (7")

madonna - dear jessie (7")

tommy dorsey & frank sinatra - sings the standards (12")

william shatner - the transformed man (7" and two copies of the 12")

People who know me would not be surprised that I own those records. Also I feel not the least bit embarrassed about owning them. But as far as cheesy goes the following probably qualify:

beach boys - kokomo (7" and 12")

brian wilson - what i really want for christmas (7")

madonna - dear jessie (7")

tommy dorsey & frank sinatra - sings the standards (12")

william shatner - the transformed man (7" and two copies of the 12")

ok, not a single one of those records is cheesy.