So... the world ends tomorrow

Apparently, once this stupid, waste of money machine is powered up in Switzerland and we're all sucked into a black hole.

Just been talking with my good friend Lee - who posts here too - about this and we've decided that £5/$10billion this retarded experiment cost could have been spent way better curing loads of diseases rather than finding out what happened at the Big Bang. Who gives a fuck? Does anyone here care about the outcome of this thing (apart from the possibility of being sucked into a black hole)?

Who cares anyway, im gonna enjoy the rest of my last night now!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing will happen.

I know, im just annoyed so much money can be sunk into something that really will do fuck all to help anyone apart from give a bunch of nerds in lab coats a hard on.

Umm You do realize that if it wasn't for this kind of research, then you wouldn't have an ipod right? Not to mention the other countless devices and gadgets and technological advancements from the past 20 years.

Scientists don't become scientists because the money is good. Hell most of the time the money isn't good. And it's not like they are spending the money on strippers every night and pissing it all away.

If it works it will give us a completly new understanding of the universe on how things are made up inside of it. the slight possibility that this thing could lead to the proof of parallel universes, warp holes, and convice more people that there is no god makes the money more than worth it to me.

There's a pretty good Science Friday interview about this on NPR (npr.org). Apparently the guy who thinks this experiment will suck the world into it isn't a scientist... he's just a crackpot who makes these claims about experiments (he's done it at least once before) to get attention. Worth checking out.

what if them recreating the big bang at a miniscule scale esentially creates a really tiny universe that just disappears in seconds but in time within that universe its hundreds of trillions of years? a la the universe on the cats collar in MIB.

what if we're just a microscopic universe in a marble that aliens are playing with?!

If it works it will give us a completly new understanding of the universe on how things are made up inside of it. the slight possibility that this thing could lead to the proof of parallel universes, warp holes, and convice more people that there is no god makes the money more than worth it to me.

Backed! The last sentence sums it up! ;D

Seriously, in lieu of my lack of belief in deities, I think this stuff is way more interesting than 95% of stuff on TV, the radio, or the big screen. Like the other dude said, if it weren't for the work that these scientists and ones like them have been doing, you probably wouldn't be posting on this board. I am geeking out on this fo' sho'. ;)