NHL Discussion

Fuck how could I forget about Anze? And Drew. But there you go man. Home grown or not you cant deny they dont have a team full of stars. Hey Im not knocking you for it! Who wouldnt want a team like that? I dont have any hate for the Kings, just Carter and Richards haha

In all fairness though, the same argument can go for quite a bit of teams... shit look at the Ducks last year... Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan, Selanne, Koivu, Hiller and they didn't even make the playoffs... I don't really know too much more about other teams but still, starpower does not equal success. As for Perry, once you have him, you'll understand just how frustrating it is... watch 30 failed spin-o-ramma's in a row while the rest of the team is wide open and you'll understand. 

no one called the Kings winning the cup last season, anyone who says that is full of shit, or is a kings fan. 

Beginning of the season most people picked them, then they slumped and fired terry murray, once they hired Darryl and then traded for carter they were literally the highest scoring team in the league. People wernt as high on as them as before the season started but people still picked them to win the cup.

These were their records after Sutter was hired and after trading for Carter. It wasnt completely unbelievable going into the playoffs.

After hiring Sutter - 26-14-13

After Carter trade - 13-5-5

With that said i didn't think they'd win the cup until after they dominated Vancouver.

There was too much talent on that team for them not to win, even before the Carter trade. There was no way they werent going to win. Then they got Carter and it only made them even more dangerous. And exactly like Ian said, even NHL.com predicted them to win. SO many people had them winning once the season started