NHL Discussion

Rangers name Alain Vigneault new coach

Stars name Lindy Ruff new coach

Flyers to buyout Briere contract

so much for Messier being the head coach for NYR, huh?

Yeah hes pissed. He wasnt even at the press conference today. Im scared hes going to hold a grudge and leave the organization. He needs to grow up though. He has ZERO coaching experience in an actual league. He cant blame Sather for picking a guy who has had a ton of success recently. If he wants to seriously become a coach he should go to the AHL and work with the Wolfpac and earn the job. I love Mess, one of my favorite players of all time and the 2nd greatest Ranger of all time. But he needs to stop being a baby.

Good for him. He must be stoked to have a shot at losing in the finals instead of the early rounds. 

Torts guiding a team to the finals? Thats hilarious. You cant win games by dumping the puck in and trying to regain possession the whole game. His offensive strategy is shit and stubbornness is ridiculous. 

Its going to be so great seeing guys like Girardi stay healthy because he doesnt have to block 10 shots a game because there will be more posession in the offensive zone and not just dumping pucks and trying to regain possession. So glad that Torts wear and tear style is gone. I cant wait to see what those softies in Vancouver coughSedinscough are going to do with the Torts system. Only one who will thrive is Kesler.

Oh yeah, if we are being serious you got to figure so. Their performance this year was obviously below expectations, curious to see if a new coach can turn it around. They clearly have the talent, baring any major moves. 

I think it depends on Brad Richards being Brad Richards again. He alone changed our team last season. He gave more leadership, cup experience, and brought the team closer together. If he can be the center he was last season, I have no doubts of them going to the finals. There's rumors of buying him out and signing Breire. I for one am not a fan in the slightest of that and pray to god it doesnt happen.