NHL Discussion

Did you really just call Patrick Kane an American hero?

Uh yes. Yes I fucking did. He was a huge reason Team USA went as far as they did in 2010. He is a symbolization of American hockey. That makes him an American hero. Is he a piece of shit at times? Absolutely. But at the end of the day, he represents our country. 

Not to go on some diatribe about the Hawks but I wish nothing but the worst for them. Yes the team is very good but they got that way from being so bad for so many years. Hell if you draft first or second every year you are bound to get some pretty damn good players. Like the guy a few posts up said nobody gave a shit about this team before they started winning. Easy to jump on the bandwagon when your winning championships. But no they are not great hockey fans, if they were they would have bought tickets when they were terrible. That is the definition of a true fan. I'm an Alabama football fan and I supported them just as much when Mike Shula and Mike Dubose were there as I do now that Nick Saban is winning championships like they are a joke. Also comparing parades is a joke. Chicago has 8 million people in the metro Area. Miami doesn't even have close to that amount of people.

Rumors of JT Miller and Del Zotto being moved. I love JT but I can understand why they'd move him since he was drafted for Tort's system and since this is the deepest draft since 03 and not having a pick in the 1st and 2nd rounds, they want to get in on it. As for DZ Im against it due to the fact I think he will be a guy who really finds his offensive game under AV. Even though I fucking hate him for what he's done the past 3 years.

Im going to be so bummed if Seth Jones doesnt get taken by the Aves. I know that they want Nathan but come on. The kid grew up in Colorado, he was an Aves fan growing up, he's a huge Dman who is going to be AMAZING in the future. The Aves dont need another young scoring center/forward. They already have a good amount of those. 

ya, that's pretty raw about CO prob not taking the hometown boy but that's the way it goes sometimes.  i think i heard emerson etem grew up a kings fan but he got drafted by the ducks instead.  oh wells.  some teams just want a player who can play right away or pretty soon and you know most defensemen require some development before they make it to the bigs.  i'm sure he'll just be happy if he goes in the top of the 1st round.

i heard FLA's gonna take seth jones.  can't wait to watch it tomorrow.  kinda glad the nhl's doing it all in one day.

Even after he darted from your team? I know a lot of people pissed at him.

Definitely pissed at the time, but I thought about being in his shoes and the fact that he took his time and thought about it and chose his home state softens the blow like neidermeyer. Gomez will never be forgiven (and Karmas a bitch!)