NHL Discussion

so terrified he becomes a Red Wing

I havent seen anything regarding him and the wings. Mainly Edmonton, with the Smid move last night its seeming more likely. Who would the wings even give up for him? They will most likely be looking to replace a Dman and since Sather likes to go big only guy I could see him going after is Kronwall (who Id LOVE!) But I highly doubt the wings would move him considering they arent very stong on D and the rangers dont have enough space even if they move DZ. But I do imagine Detroit is trying to clear some cap space.

I havent seen anything regarding him and the wings. Mainly Edmonton, with the Smid move last night its seeming more likely. Who would the wings even give up for him? They will most likely be looking to replace a Dman and since Sather likes to go big only guy I could see him going after is Kronwall (who Id LOVE!) But I highly doubt the wings would move him considering they arent very stong on D and the rangers dont have enough space even if they move DZ. But I do imagine Detroit is trying to clear some cap space.

There have been rumours circulating of Franzen being moved. They have 3 guys (Tatar, Nyquist and Glendenning) in the AHL who are ready to go but there just aren't roster spots/cap space. Tatar has been playing because Wings always get injured and Glendenning has been centering the 4th line when Eaves sucks. 

Detroit won't move a D man to get another D but they are always on the look for some more D experience. Although Almquist from the AHL had his first NHL goal vs Dallas but Ericsson and Smith are both hurt too. 

There have been rumours circulating of Franzen being moved. They have 3 guys (Tatar, Nyquist and Glendenning) in the AHL who are ready to go but there just aren't roster spots/cap space. Tatar has been playing because Wings always get injured and Glendenning has been centering the 4th line when Eaves sucks. 

Detroit won't move a D man to get another D but they are always on the look for some more D experience. Although Almquist from the AHL had his first NHL goal vs Dallas but Ericsson and Smith are both hurt too. 

I cant see Franzen coming to the Rangers. Too long a contract and too big a cap hit for them right now who have a bunch of key players turning UFA/RFA. Even though Id love Franzen 

I had an insane weekend, and needed to share (mattstelenj: just bear with me...or skip to the next post :P )

So my girl is a huge Flyers fan and I got into them that series when they came back from 3 games down and beat the Bruins in the 2010 playoffs. Well we were supposed to go to Philly earlier this year with a friend who backed out at the last minute...so I convinced her we'd go and see a game and hang out in her favorite city for a weekend as a mini vacation. She had no idea I planned to propose on the trip. So we fly up Friday morning, hang out, go to museums and then I convinced her to go up on the observation deck on top of city hall where i proposed (she said yes!).

Next day, we have a few hours to kill before the 1pm game, so we decide to walk down to a few shops, grab a sandwhich at the italian market and catch the subway to the game. We put on our jerseys, and head out...about halfway there we realize we left the tickets back at the hotel. Contemplate going back to get them, but we figure we're over halfway to the shops and have plenty of time to head back after lunch. So we are walking through a park, when a lady runs after us, stopping us and asking to take out picture. We obliged and she asked if we're going to the game. We tell her yes and that we're from out of town. She asked if we came up just for the game. My fiancé explains to her that we just got engaged and she says "Thats a great story...I may be able to make it better. I live over here and I have to show you something. Follow me." I dont know what to think, but she has a little dog and doesnt seem too bad. I figure we may be guilted into buying the picture, but I moved money from my wallet to my shoe in case its a setup and we are getting mugged. She goes into the building and comes back with an older gentleman. My fiancé and I look at each other like "Thats not..", and sure enough she says "I'd like to introduce you to the owner of the Philadelphia Flyers."  Holy shit, its Ed Sinder. Turns out the lady walking the dog was his wife. We chat for a minute and get a picture...he says he hopes to get things turned around, wants to keep us as fans and asks where we are sitting. We explain about the tickets, and he asks if  we would check our email during the game. He INVITES US INSIDE, gets our email and we thank him and head to get lunch. Within 30 minutes we get an email from his assistant following up. We get back to the hotel, email her our seats and head to the game. When we get to our seats, his assistant comes by with a bag of stuff for each of us (shirts, hats, drink tumblers etc) and tells us to watch the scoreboard in the second period. Also, depending on the outcome, we might be able to meet some of the players. Game starts, and during the second period our names are on the scoreboard congratulating us on our engagement. And somehow the Flyers win...so we head down and are taken to just outside the locker room. We get to meet a bunch of the players (Giroux, Hartnell, Simmonds, Rinaldo etc) get autographs and a picture with Hartnell. Mr. Snider and his wife come by a few times while we were waiting on the guys to come out of the locker room, and always stop to say hello and ask how we're doing and just went out of their way to make us comfortable.

It was unbelievable. I'll upload pictures in a few if ya'll want to see, I just had to share this

I had an insane weekend, and needed to share (mattstelenj: just bear with me...or skip to the next post :P )

So my girl is a huge Flyers fan and I got into them that series when they came back from 3 games down and beat the Bruins in the 2010 playoffs. Well we were supposed to go to Philly earlier this year with a friend who backed out at the last minute...so I convinced her we'd go and see a game and hang out in her favorite city for a weekend as a mini vacation. She had no idea I planned to propose on the trip. So we fly up Friday morning, hang out, go to museums and then I convinced her to go up on the observation deck on top of city hall where i proposed (she said yes!).

Next day, we have a few hours to kill before the 1pm game, so we decide to walk down to a few shops, grab a sandwhich at the italian market and catch the subway to the game. We put on our jerseys, and head out...about halfway there we realize we left the tickets back at the hotel. Contemplate going back to get them, but we figure we're over halfway to the shops and have plenty of time to head back after lunch. So we are walking through a park, when a lady runs after us, stopping us and asking to take out picture. We obliged and she asked if we're going to the game. We tell her yes and that we're from out of town. She asked if we came up just for the game. My fiancé explains to her that we just got engaged and she says "Thats a great story...I may be able to make it better. I live over here and I have to show you something. Follow me." I dont know what to think, but she has a little dog and doesnt seem too bad. I figure we may be guilted into buying the picture, but I moved money from my wallet to my shoe in case its a setup and we are getting mugged. She goes into the building and comes back with an older gentleman. My fiancé and I look at each other like "Thats not..", and sure enough she says "I'd like to introduce you to the owner of the Philadelphia Flyers."  Holy shit, its Ed Sinder. Turns out the lady walking the dog was his wife. We chat for a minute and get a picture...he says he hopes to get things turned around, wants to keep us as fans and asks where we are sitting. We explain about the tickets, and he asks if  we would check our email during the game. He INVITES US INSIDE, gets our email and we thank him and head to get lunch. Within 30 minutes we get an email from his assistant following up. We get back to the hotel, email her our seats and head to the game. When we get to our seats, his assistant comes by with a bag of stuff for each of us (shirts, hats, drink tumblers etc) and tells us to watch the scoreboard in the second period. Also, depending on the outcome, we might be able to meet some of the players. Game starts, and during the second period our names are on the scoreboard congratulating us on our engagement. And somehow the Flyers win...so we head down and are taken to just outside the locker room. We get to meet a bunch of the players (Giroux, Hartnell, Simmonds, Rinaldo etc) get autographs and a picture with Hartnell. Mr. Snider and his wife come by a few times while we were waiting on the guys to come out of the locker room, and always stop to say hello and ask how we're doing and just went out of their way to make us comfortable.

It was unbelievable. I'll upload pictures in a few if ya'll want to see, I just had to share this

This is awesome! Congratulations, first off! Second off, congratulations again. It's nice to see owners take care of fans... rarely ever happens.

This is awesome! Congratulations, first off! Second off, congratulations again. It's nice to see owners take care of fans... rarely ever happens.

Thanks!

We are seriously still in shock. What are the odds? If we'd decided to turn around and get the tickets, it wouldve just been a normal day.

Thats an awesome story! The Dolans wouldnt be caught dead doing such nice things so regardless of my feelings towards the team/city thats an amazing story and congrats on the engagement!

Violent Gentlemen launched a pretty cool print from Jordan Buckley (ETID) signed by Steve Ott and comes w/ a shirt for $100

a7ec87604afe11e397611262d215dd7f_8.jpg

http://www.violentgentlemen.com/product/jordan-buckley-buffalo-sabres-giclee-print

I'm hoping they do something like this for LA and Anaheim... They sell VG now at the Ponda Center! 1 VG shirt and 2 VG Anaheim shirts, so nothing too crazy but still its recognition. Also, having every other team's jersey at our team store is pretty rad, IMO. 

The print was from the artshow they had recently so maybe not but if they did a Kings one id definitely be buying it.

Maybe like a Stadium Series Rivalry one, where they create a thematic poster but with a separate print on each time and shirt and sell it in time for the event?

Also, have you heard anything on the Stadium Jersey for the Kings?

Maybe like a Stadium Series Rivalry one, where they create a thematic poster but with a separate print on each time and shirt and sell it in time for the event?

Also, have you heard anything on the Stadium Jersey for the Kings?

Hopefully, nope nothing yet. They said a while ago it will be a new jersey that honors all the past jerseys or something like that.

Hopefully, nope nothing yet. They said a while ago it will be a new jersey that honors all the past jerseys or something like that.

Yeah... I think thats a theme going for the Stadium Series. Rumor mill is from the Manager of the Ducks Team Store that the Ducks will dawn a "retro looking (aka laces and off white) wheat and Orange jersey with the main logo being an enlarged version of their third jersey's shoulder patch, which is the mighty duck re-colored to black/orange/gold and the name ANAHEIM DUCKS on outer edge of the oval. Looking at it that way, I can see the Kings either bringing back the Chevy Jersey or possibly the crown in a black/white colorway? I don't see them NOT capitalizing on new jersey sales by brining back the same throwback they've been using, but then again, I don't make those decisions or know all the factors. Either way, they said that the Premier jersey (fight strap and game ready) will NOT be sold for these jerseys due to production costs... at least, Anaheim's won't be. Just the Replica.