NHL Discussion

Personally id like the Kings jersey to be the Purple & Gold w/ the Chevron logo.

Yeah the Kings don't sell authentic of the purple & gold third, only CCM replicas.

\

Same with the Mighty they re-released this year, though apparently they are keepign them in stock. I was hoping for the Reebok fit, but oh well.

Purple/Gold with Chevron logo... Intriguing. It would definately be differnet. Not sure how the Chevron logo in silver would play into the purple and gold theme, but I haven't looked at them too hard. It would be a clever way to throw two older jerseys together. 

I'm just hoping the ducks dropt their normal home/away sweaters and move to either their third or a re-design. I love the LA sweaters, though I do think that they should be the ONLY team to have a dominant black jersey in California... The name KINGS goes so well with the sweaters, while the Ducks lacks creativity in every way imaginable. 

I had an insane weekend, and needed to share (mattstelenj: just bear with me...or skip to the next post :P )

So my girl is a huge Flyers fan and I got into them that series when they came back from 3 games down and beat the Bruins in the 2010 playoffs. Well we were supposed to go to Philly earlier this year with a friend who backed out at the last minute...so I convinced her we'd go and see a game and hang out in her favorite city for a weekend as a mini vacation. She had no idea I planned to propose on the trip. So we fly up Friday morning, hang out, go to museums and then I convinced her to go up on the observation deck on top of city hall where i proposed (she said yes!).

Next day, we have a few hours to kill before the 1pm game, so we decide to walk down to a few shops, grab a sandwhich at the italian market and catch the subway to the game. We put on our jerseys, and head out...about halfway there we realize we left the tickets back at the hotel. Contemplate going back to get them, but we figure we're over halfway to the shops and have plenty of time to head back after lunch. So we are walking through a park, when a lady runs after us, stopping us and asking to take out picture. We obliged and she asked if we're going to the game. We tell her yes and that we're from out of town. She asked if we came up just for the game. My fiancé explains to her that we just got engaged and she says "Thats a great story...I may be able to make it better. I live over here and I have to show you something. Follow me." I dont know what to think, but she has a little dog and doesnt seem too bad. I figure we may be guilted into buying the picture, but I moved money from my wallet to my shoe in case its a setup and we are getting mugged. She goes into the building and comes back with an older gentleman. My fiancé and I look at each other like "Thats not..", and sure enough she says "I'd like to introduce you to the owner of the Philadelphia Flyers."  Holy shit, its Ed Sinder. Turns out the lady walking the dog was his wife. We chat for a minute and get a picture...he says he hopes to get things turned around, wants to keep us as fans and asks where we are sitting. We explain about the tickets, and he asks if  we would check our email during the game. He INVITES US INSIDE, gets our email and we thank him and head to get lunch. Within 30 minutes we get an email from his assistant following up. We get back to the hotel, email her our seats and head to the game. When we get to our seats, his assistant comes by with a bag of stuff for each of us (shirts, hats, drink tumblers etc) and tells us to watch the scoreboard in the second period. Also, depending on the outcome, we might be able to meet some of the players. Game starts, and during the second period our names are on the scoreboard congratulating us on our engagement. And somehow the Flyers win...so we head down and are taken to just outside the locker room. We get to meet a bunch of the players (Giroux, Hartnell, Simmonds, Rinaldo etc) get autographs and a picture with Hartnell. Mr. Snider and his wife come by a few times while we were waiting on the guys to come out of the locker room, and always stop to say hello and ask how we're doing and just went out of their way to make us comfortable.

It was unbelievable. I'll upload pictures in a few if ya'll want to see, I just had to share this

aww Mitchell!!!! congratulations and that is possibly the best story ever :) :)

Visiting in Colorado, saw the Avs/Caps game last night and lost the little respect I had for Ovechkin. He cried like Crosby, dove like the Canucks, and gave up on every puck like Kaner.

He fell (and was tapped by I think E. Johnson) into the boards going into the corner for the puck and didn't move a muscle for 5 minutes. The place was in shock. Trainer comes out and is talking to him while he's flat on his stomach. Out of nowhere, he gets up with little effort and skates to the bench, back out in two shifts complaining about every call to the refs and linesmen. It was so sad. I never have heard louder discontent at a hockey game than from the Av's fans. It was pretty funny I guess. Definitely a different atmosphere than Chicago.

Terrible for team Canada. There wasn't a guy gunning harder for that team this year than Stamkos and he would have really made a difference. Stamkos is out, Giroux is slowly playing himself off the team, there are some gaps developing for some Canadian players though to steal a spot this year. 

Love Stamkos but right now I'm playing 1st overall in my fantasy league and he's got him. So until next monday I'm just going to be a bad person and enjoy this. 

nope, that's why I'm asking. Just highlights.

wasn't trying to be dickish.  was genuinely curious.  the dude is soft as fuck and always out of shape.  he also has nowhere to slot in in edmontons roster, and to do that to an ahl player is a lot different than an nhl player.