NHL Discussion

Apparently the Kings are seriously considering a trade for Sam Gagner, makes no sense to me.

Parkinglot, does he play wing at all?

He's a much better RW than centre. He's been most productive at RW over his career, and played there almost his entire rookie season, which was a great year for him.

Callahan wants 6.5 to 7 mil. Apparently the Sabres will pay that. Also apparently both the Sabres and Ryan Callahan are retarded. Because no fucking way is that guy worth that money. Career high 29 goals ( 54 pts)......and he wants Richards money (career high 91 points).

Richards isn't worth Richards money.

havent seen anything recently about that, 

That was before the dollar's drop. The NHL could potentially loose 50-60 mil if it stays that low, which would obviously affect the cap. Nothing's set until the season ends

the NHL isnt going to go into the red on the season, they'll just have a pool of hockey related revenue that would be less than projected.  they'll still be making a profit.  the board of governors know this, they also know that the value of the dollar goes up and down all the time, so it'll be a matter of time before it corrects itself.  unless your economy is doing worse than is being publicized?  

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hockey/opinion/2014/01/nhl-gms-deal-with-double-trade-deadline.html

huh, interesting!

. I asked a couple of capologists what they think a 90-cent Canadian dollar (or lower) will do to next year's cap ceiling. Both said it's not insignificant. One predicted it could drop the total by $1 million, while the other said he ran a model that put it closer to $1.5 million. Something to keep an eye on.

I wasn't clear, but I meant the NHL would loose 50-60 milliom from the dollar, they'll obviously still turn a profit overall. For some context, yes our dollar does fluctuate tons, but it usually stays around par for the most part. Right now, it's below .90 to the US dollar. Canadian clubs are a large portion of the revenue for the league, and revenue is based off US dollars. That means a $100 ticket is now essentially a $90 ticket. The cap will go up, definitely, but it could be a fair bit lower than expected