NHL Discussion

Man can't believe that the Leafs have won 6 in a row. They look very slow tonight. I'm just glad the Stars realized they were playing hockey because most of January they weren't.....

You're being nice...Leafs look like garbage. I'll take 2 of 3 so far this road trip though. 3rd game in 4 nights so hopefully they can bounce back against the suddenly worldbeater Jets and get 5 or 6 points out of 8.

Orr is a sideshow and he wouldn't be missed out there for sure, but I've watched that hit a few times and didn't see anything wrong with it.

No elbow extended and caught him square with the shoulder. No penalty for the hit either. Hopefully Eakin will be fine.

Yeah I mean that's a solid hit and it's not so much the actually hit as the situation I mean it's 6 to 1... I understand playing tough to the end of the game but a hit like that just rubs me the wrong way. Reverse it and one of our guy hits JVR when you are up 6 to 1 Leafs would be up in arms too

Must say that "no goal" for Anaheim was bullshit. That was a good goal

Eh.. He did make contact with Quick's arm directly where the goal went in. Whether or not he was pushed into the goalie I didn't really get to see. I have no issue with that call so long as it goes the same on the other end. I'm glad they let them get a little physical as it builds up the game tomorrow!

Hey Ian, you ready?

=]

In the last few pages the #1 and #2 longest serving coaches in the NHL have been called out to be fired by a fan of their team. Sometime this thread hurts my head. Again, Trotz is pretty much the reason that NSH (with the exception of last year) has consistently performed above standards in a very tough western conference. 

I would say most Nashville fans want Trotz gone. His brand of hockey does not work anymore and its shown now that Suter isn't there and Rinne is hurt. Having the best blue line and one of the top goalies league masked a lot of problems that Nashville has. Trotz likes to call people out and acts like a kid. He called our starting goaltender out as his play not being good enough for this league.Carter Hutton had one game of NHL experience before they signed him. It was stupid not to sign a veteran backup with Rinne coming off hip surgery. Trotz also likes to scratch some people of whom I few as our best offensive talent. Colin Wilson, as well as sending Fillip Forsberg to Milwaukee. Forsberg is probably the best forward in our system right now and should be playing in Nashville.