NHL Discussion

Kings just announced Nolan to a 3 year extension, which i think means Clifford will definitely be moved.

As someone with a Clifford jersey please no. I know a few teams have been interested in him and I think dean will re sign him. Watching the stadium series doc the team speaks highly of him and how much he means to the team. I'd hate to see him go. I think Nolan still has a possibility to be moved, now that he's locked up and for under a million I think teams may be calling for him in the off season.

As someone with a Clifford jersey please no. I know a few teams have been interested in him and I think dean will re sign him. Watching the stadium series doc the team speaks highly of him and how much he means to the team. I'd hate to see him go. I think Nolan still has a possibility to be moved, now that he's locked up and for under a million I think teams may be calling for him in the off season.

Ive always been a fan of Clifford but i've long thought he won't be on the Kings next season. The Kings are in a cap bind so having both on the team is a bit redundant and with Clifford having the bigger contract, being RFA & probably looking for a little bit of a raise and having more value i think he goes.

Toffoli (685k), Pearson (777k), Jones (550k), Andreoff (550k), Shore (950k) & Clifford(1.2m) are all RFA.

Obviously the first 3 are gonna get raises.

Williams, Stoll, Regehr & Mcbain are all UFA.

I think Stoll for sure stays, would love for Williams to stay but sounds like he might want to cash in for his last contract and he won't be able to do that here.

Plus Kopi is open for a extension July 1st.

I think theres a good chance Slavas case gets dismissed so we can't count on the cap savings for his contract, although i think regardless of the outcome the Kings move him, but thats no guarantee.

I asked myself this a few years ago and couldnt believe we were able to trade him and his horrible contract to phoenix for Wolski. I still dont get how Wolski turned out to be so bad

Heres the better question how did you guys unload Scott Gomez for ryan mcdonagh... what the hell were the Habs thinking that's g2 be one of Sathers best trades ever.

Heres the better question how did you guys unload Scott Gomez for ryan mcdonagh... what the hell were the Habs thinking that's g2 be one of Sathers best trades ever.

We got Chris Higgins in the deal too. I dont know what Sather tells people when he makes a big trade but he somehow always comes out on top. I do think the St. Louis deal was a little too much, especially the conditional 2nd rounder that turned into a 1st this year, but Marty is still a great player and we dont make the Finals without him. 

Man I love these Forum Sweaters. Hope for another hat trick on Tony Granato ledgends night!

http://i.imgur.com/2GyYIXR.jpg

i prefer the previous legends night jerseys where purple is the predominant color, but hey...  i don't care what they are wearing if they're gonna keep playing like they are.

We got Chris Higgins in the deal too. I dont know what Sather tells people when he makes a big trade but he somehow always comes out on top. I do think the St. Louis deal was a little too much, especially the conditional 2nd rounder that turned into a 1st this year, but Marty is still a great player and we dont make the Finals without him. 

Agreed.  Maybe he has mind control or something.

Ive always been a fan of Clifford but i've long thought he won't be on the Kings next season. The Kings are in a cap bind so having both on the team is a bit redundant and with Clifford having the bigger contract, being RFA & probably looking for a little bit of a raise and having more value i think he goes.

Toffoli (685k), Pearson (777k), Jones (550k), Andreoff (550k), Shore (950k) & Clifford(1.2m) are all RFA.

Obviously the first 3 are gonna get raises.

Williams, Stoll, Regehr & Mcbain are all UFA.

I think Stoll for sure stays, would love for Williams to stay but sounds like he might want to cash in for his last contract and he won't be able to do that here.

Plus Kopi is open for a extension July 1st.

I think theres a good chance Slavas case gets dismissed so we can't count on the cap savings for his contract, although i think regardless of the outcome the Kings move him, but thats no guarantee.

Welp, looks like i was wrong about Clifford, 5 year $8m extension

Yeah I think it might be for the best to let Williams walk in the offseason. He's getting up in age and we need to invest in the next wave of Kings as well as signing Kopitar. I think the kids get a bridge deal and Stoll comes back at a discount. Then give Martin jones a small pay raise and we move on.

Also rumors of Sekera to the Kings/Hawks have heated up.

a 1st for Sekera is a little too rich for my blood, let alone a prospect. 

Kings need D help, the 1st is a little rich but if he helps the Kings get in the playoffs and do some damage then im okay with it, especially if he re-signs. DLs not a huge fan of rentals, so i imagine he has some inkling that he would re-sign like Gaborik did.