NHL Discussion

No one is gonna trade for him at this point. If even EDM didn't bite it'll be a tough sell. Most of that 5.75M just sits dead weight against them now while he plays in the AHL. Too much money in the current state of the cap for a guy en route to retire early and hit big time penalties for anyone to gamble on. 

Someone will take him, its just a matter of the Kings taking salary back or include Toffoli/Pearson which they weren't looking to do right now.

He'll be back up before the playoffs.

I can't imagine they would ever want to deal one of those guys just to get him off there books... it's just a matter of someone needing to take on $$$ to get to the cap floor... so maybe it happens during the summer.... Toffoli was drafted I believe 30th overall after the first cup win meaning my Devils passed on him... great work Lou, great work.

I can't imagine they would ever want to deal one of those guys just to get him off there books... it's just a matter of someone needing to take on $$$ to get to the cap floor... so maybe it happens during the summer.... Toffoli was drafted I believe 30th overall after the first cup win meaning my Devils passed on him... great work Lou, great work.

Yeah that will never happen. Ultimately the Kings would rather Richards return to a somewhat useful player and not have to move him but if they do it will end up with them needing to take salary back.

Hopefully being demoted sparks something in him but i dunno, i think its just his age catching up with him. I was thinking about it and i think he may have played more games than anyone else in the NHL over the last 5 or 6 years (well he and Carter). 3 cup Finals + 2 other conference finals trips + Olympics.

Also i believe you're thinking of Pearson, who was also passed over in the draft the year before. Toffoli was 47th overall in the 2010 draft

Yeah that will never happen. Ultimately the Kings would rather Richards return to a somewhat useful player and not have to move him but if they do it will end up with them needing to take salary back.

Hopefully being demoted sparks something in him but i dunno, i think its just his age catching up with him. I was thinking about it and i think he may have played more games than anyone else in the NHL over the last 5 or 6 years (well he and Carter). 3 cup Finals + 2 other conference finals trips + Olympics.

Also i believe you're thinking of Pearson, who was also passed over in the draft the year before. Toffoli was 47th overall in the 2010 draft

I mean he's only 29... he's still in his prime... but yeah, he has played a lot of games... I think it's also an issue of how much depth you guys have down the middle... Carter, Kopy, and Stole is an amazing center combo most teams don't have that kind of depth.

Pretty excited my Devils are having a 1995 cup alumni game in a very small building... going to be awesome to see those guys skate again... players that will be there:

Jacques Lemaire, Jacques Caron, Tommy Albelin, Sergei Brylin, Bob Carpenter, Shawn Chambers, Tom Chorske, Danton Cole, Ken Daneyko, Jim Dowd, Bruce Driver, Bill Guerin, Bobby Holik, John MacLean, Chris McAlpine, Randy McKay, Mike Peluso, Brian Rolston, Martin Brodeur, and Chris Terreri.