NHL Discussion

There was a lot of talk because of their "stellar defense" after they picked up Pronger. This summer there was a lot of buzz about them being serious contenders, but I laughed the whole time because anyone with Emery as a #1 goalie is not going anywhere.

Except maybe the Stanley Cup Finals...

There was a lot of talk because of their "stellar defense" after they picked up Pronger. This summer there was a lot of buzz about them being serious contenders, but I laughed the whole time because anyone with Emery as a #1 goalie is not going anywhere.

Yeah, I wasn't very high on Emery, I understood it because of money, but it was definitely a step back from Biron... who wasn't the answer either.

The Flyers need to cut some deadweight, mainly Briere (6.5m), Hartnell (4.2m) and maybe even Gagne (5.25m). That's just way too much money for what they're getting. Especially Briere. That was the worst contract deal for the team.

before he went batshit crazy....

before he went batshit crazy....

Oh I don't know about that, I just think it became more obvious the worse the team played. He missed some planes during that playoff run.

Honestly though, when Emery was healthy he was playing well. But its a team thing in Philly. They have way too much talent to be fighting for a spot in the playoffs. Their defense should be bordering on great and they have depth at the forward position like no one else. Hartnell might be overpaid but the man can play. Same with Briere. Then you factor in Richards, Carter, van Riemsdyk, Giroux, and the rest and the team should be beastly. Or not.

Jesus people, Crosby is not a fucking whiner. Get over it. I get it. He wins, he wins at all levels, and he wins young. He's overrated because he gets WAY too much press that has nothing to do with him at all. Kind of like Derek Jeter but Crosby actually has more skills at his position in the game. Dude is 22 and is going to score 50 goals and 100+ points. He improved his three major craptastic areas in one year: faceoffs, shootouts, and goals.

I'd trade anyone in the NHL for Crosby right now, period. Enjoy what he does and stop being haters.

I have no idea how legit this rumor is (probably not at all), but Edmonton is struggling to find a backup goalie tonight and Shannon Szabados, goalie for the Canadian women's hockey team may get the nod.

I can't find any hardcore info on that rumor, just a handful of comments around the web.

Article on the goalie situation here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_da....29738#comme nts

It'll be like when the Canadiens had to dress their website video production guy for the first period because they were waiting on a call-up to get there from the A.

How about those Coyotes? RACKING up those shootout points. They've won 9 in a row but 5 of the last 7 were in shootouts. That isn't gonna do much for them in April though.