GET STOKED (This Is Satire news -- no bullshit!)

Without getting into too many details, I'm currently in Las Vegas and so is Jordan (dude who owns Sabot). I asked him what was going on with None More Black's "This Is Satire," and he said he actually has already gotten the test pressings (there are 5) but lost the motivation to finish the project because the artist is apparently crazy and difficult to work with -- apparently he won't even email Jordan the hi-res files (he only has lo-res images of the artwork, nothing that could be duplicated onto an LP without looking terrible). He said since the band were broken up, he didn't really see the point in pressing it.

I told him there were MANY people still anticipating its release, including like half of this board, and assured him he could sell out a pressing. We talked about it for a bit, and I got him sufficiently stoked on finishing the project, and he promised me that he's going to work on it over Christmas and try to get it completed soon. He said he was thinking about doing a run of 500.

Obviously none of this is set in stone and he could change his mind tomorrow morning, but as of tonight, he really seemed stoked on getting this record out there, so keep your fingers crossed!

PS - Vegas sucksssssss. Miss you, boardies!

I hope it REALLY comes out, I've been waiting for it for ages.

I interviewed Jason Shevchuk back in May 2006, and this is what he said about the vinyl back then:

The File Under Black CD had a different artwork than the vinyl, will this be the case with This is Satire too?

"Yea, and it was the same thing with our EP too. So yes, the vinyl will have different artwork. Paul Romano, our artist, doesn't like to do the same cover art for two different things. You have a bigger palette with vinyl. It's more interesting, why not take advantage of it. And the vinyl release of This is Satire is gonna be a boardgame, it's gonna fold out to a boardgame, and we're stoked about it. Paul wanted to have a nostalgic boardgame feel to it. I've been demoing songs for this record for the past three years. I've been sending him the demos, I gave him the title, and he had the idea right after that, he wanted to make it in to a boardgame."

hoorah!! i actually emailed jordan about a year ago or so asking about it and even then he already HAD the test pressings. thats pretty weak that he just kinda lost motivation to put this out. it's NMB's swan song (or album, if you will), you gotta put it out. but thanks, scott.

hoorah!! i actually emailed jordan about a year ago or so asking about it and even then he already HAD the test pressings. thats pretty weak that he just kinda lost motivation to put this out. it's NMB's swan song (or album, if you will), you gotta put it out. but thanks, scott.

haha, yea I'm pretty sure I've emailed him at least twice.