THE SHAPE OF PUNK TO COME?

coryvc

Alarm has a story about the best parts of the album on their Web site. www.alarmpress.com

I think this album is infinitely more impressive to those unaware of the Nation of Ulysses.

Well, l would say you're right, except not about this album. International Noise Conspiracy, yes. I think that band's first record was a total rip-off of "13 point plan..." Plus I was never convinced INC weren't half serious.

i've thought about this. why didn't this style ever catch on?

because you have to THINK when you listen to it. most people don't have the attention span for that.

What are you talking about? This is one of the most ripped off records of the last decade. I'd say it caught on pretty darn well.

because you have to THINK when you listen to it. most people don't have the attention span for that.

What are you talking about? This is one of the most ripped off records of the last decade. I'd say it caught on pretty darn well.

examples? i'm not challenging your statement i'm actually curious.

"13 Point Program" is an absolutely genius record. I really think you'd have to have been around when it came out to appreciate it. A lot of people kind of took the whole thing seriously, but it's quite obviously satire. A buddy of mine (who was once in a pretty famous band that ripped off Refused right and left) were talking about this record today since it was re-released and it's something we've both listened to consistently over the years. His take on it was that if you've never heard it until now you might not be impressed because their moves have been copied by so many people. It's all just plain jane now.