Death Cab for Cutie Transatlanticism 2xLP

impact

i'd like to get in line for copies people find at stores...
For people interested, I'll try to convince friends to cart my temporarily crippled-ass around stores in this area.. I know I saw a couple late in the summer, but I don't know if they'll be there. I have my own, so I'd be willing to part with anything I find simply for the cost + shipping. (although I wouldn't be opposed to a tip... ;D )

Don't waste your time, there are none left in Buffalo. I've already looked.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For people interested, I'll try to convince friends to cart my temporarily crippled-ass around stores in this area.. I know I saw a couple late in the summer, but I don't know if they'll be there. I have my own, so I'd be willing to part with anything I find simply for the cost + shipping. (although I wouldn't be opposed to a tip... ;D )

Out of curiousity, where do you shop around here? I haven't been in the vinyl game long enough to have scoped out all the good spots yet. And I'm still going to try and treck around to the stores because I've got a list of records a mile long I want to find in person before I pony-up for shipping costs here and there online. Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to help out someone.

Out of curiousity, where do you shop around here? I haven't been in the vinyl game long enough to have scoped out all the good spots yet. And I'm still going to try and treck around to the stores because I've got a list of records a mile long I want to find in person before I pony-up for shipping costs here and there online. Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to help out someone.

Sit And Spin on Delaware is your best bet for punk/hc vinyl.

Sometimes you can get lucky at the Record Threatres, but by in large, probably not. That's the first place I looked when I realized these were going for money since they used to have a boatload. All gone.

If you want to pay a lot of some stuff that goes for about half that at Sit And Spin or eBay for that matter, check out Record Baron, also on Delaware.

Do you go to the Record Theatre in the NF outlet mall ever? I went once about a year ago and it seemed loaded, but I haven't been out that way in a while.

I was just there buying a purse for my wife at the Coach outlet and stopped by. Nothing scarce or anything. All the Record Theatres seem to have the same exact stock in them.

theres a german pressing on ghvc, dont know wether its limited; its still available.

Link for those too lazy to look.

Is this for real? I can't read German so I don't have any clue on what the site is saying, but the exchange rate makes that a great deal. Any idea what shipping to the states would be?

Link for those too lazy to look.

Is this for real? I can't read German so I don't have any clue on what the site is saying, but the exchange rate makes that a great deal. Any idea what shipping to the states would be?

You'd probably have to email and ask if they'll ship here, but most stuff from Germany is expensive ($15-ish or so).

Sit And Spin on Delaware is your best bet for punk/hc vinyl.

Sometimes you can get lucky at the Record Threatres, but by in large, probably not. That's the first place I looked when I realized these were going for money since they used to have a boatload. All gone.

If you want to pay a lot of some stuff that goes for about half that at Sit And Spin or eBay for that matter, check out Record Baron, also on Delaware.

I'll have to check out these places. I've been to Sit and Spin, which is pretty cool, but kind of small.

Guest scriptedrain

I must've picked this up days before it went OOP. I remember thinking that it was weird they still had new copies considering the "Limited Edition" put on the front.

I'll have to check out these places. I've been to Sit and Spin, which is pretty cool, but kind of small.

It's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean!

Have you been the old location or the new one? They just moved into Buffalo a few months ago, and downsized more than half. However, they now have a relationship with Art Of The Underground, so they now have tons of new and different smaller stuff they wouldn't have stocked before coming in.

• 2 weeks later...

No this is a little late but I did a little looking around for some other items and some stores in the "other world" (read as: Outside the US) seem to still have some copies listed. I don't know if they do or not, but they have them posted. It's pricey, but cheaper than ebay.

http://www.sabotagerecords.net/shop/product_info.php?products_id=1145

http://altinvillage.de/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=419

http://www.flight13.com/details/47872/death-cab-for-cutie-transatlanticism

http://www.pleasure-syndicate.de/

Again I don't know how many places have them (or just list them) or even how to order from some, but these places have it listed. Some even have some other Death Cab stuff.