OWEN Appresh

I'm laying on my bed, reading some books for tomorrow's Popular Music Culture seminar/lecture and listening to 'At Home With...'. Such a cracking album, I just sat there and smiled to myself at how good this record is, and his back catalogue. Not to mention pretty much any other Kinsella-related records! Next up, maybe some Make Believe, Owls, Ghosts & Vodka and, of course, Joan of Arc.

Yes, tonight is Kinsella night in my house.

once when i saw owen, he was between songs and wanted a new beer....so he handed his drink ticket to the guy in the front row who in turned passed it to the dude behind him. it got all the way to the bar and his beer was passed back up to him!

+1 for the fact that he was drinking Iron City in Chicago

I'm laying on my bed, reading some books for tomorrow's Popular Music Culture seminar/lecture and listening to 'At Home With...'. Such a cracking album, I just sat there and smiled to myself at how good this record is, and his back catalogue. Not to mention pretty much any other Kinsella-related records! Next up, maybe some Make Believe, Owls, Ghosts & Vodka and, of course, Joan of Arc.

Yes, tonight is Kinsella night in my house.

thanks to this post i am now listening to at home with as well

Appreesh. My record store had the first 3 albums for 6 bucks each so I picked them all up.
holy shit!

thats a fuckin dream come true.... and i thought the 4 for 40 on polyvinyl was a good purchace.. im getting ready to make that purchace soon.. and it will be the best $40 ive spent in some time

mmmm No Good For No One Now. excellent.

he's such a dick though, he hates on himself and packs up merch almost immediately after he's done playing. he doesn't like people telling him how great his music is or that you're there just to see him play. he's always opening for bands he doesn't completely fit in with. i once saw him open for Maritime and it was so stripped down and amazing. been in love with his stuff ever since. he rarely comes to MN so i try to jump on every show he plays here. last time was with Rocky Votolato.

i wish some Decembers Architects would make it to vinyl! more kinsella gold. Joan Of Arc and Make Believe are so great live.

i wouldnt say youre not missing out. im not sure how i like the idea of a full band live set. i think he does wonderful with just his guitar. im hoping i'll be able to make it to boston on Dec 2nd. ive seen him about 4 or 5 times now though, but still...havent seen him since april!

and now im gonna listen to Owen for the rest of the day.