FAT CLASSIC COLOR & DILLINGER FOUR VINYL

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the last 2 were still available two days ago. not sure about now, to tired to look. but if fat was thinking they'd press around 1k on color (like the do nofx) and be able to move a ton on their site.

I hope they don't press 1000 on color for any release. At that point you might as well make it a continuous press on color. It's a balancing act between making it special for the collectors and an ebay bonanza on the other.

500 seems like a good number for the colored stuff for most bands. What do I know though? I'm just a collector.

i wish more labels would do. 900 on color 100 on black.

then the black is limited. and i dont care about limited. i just like to see color vinyl.

You totally misunderstood my post.

"What do I know though? I'm just a collector."

This is me saying that I am not trying to tell fat how to run there business and even if I was, they wouldn't listen to me.

"Making something too "special for collectors" is what leads to the "ebay bonanza"."

I fully understand supply and demand in vinyl collecting. The problem I defined is striking the right balance between collectibility and availability. I said I think 500 is the right number. You don't have to be at your computer refreshing every 5 seconds, but you also can't wait weeks for it. It's only my opinion.

Why should a label care about "striking a balance between collectibility and availability"? It will be available on black vinyl, so it's not unavailable. What's the point of doing a limited pressing of something if only to try to make sure everyone who will want one will get one?

because overrall you probably sell more vinyl by pressing 500 on colored and unlimited on black then 300 on colored and unlimited on black. color is a huge selling point for vinyl.

however you have to be careful as a label because if you press 1500 of something and call it a limited color it might not sell becaues thats how vinyl collectors are... they like rare shit.

I won't lie, I would be more inclined to spend money on a record that is limited to /500 than /1500. But there are some I would pay for regardless of numbers and/or colors, especially late 90's punk stuff(epitaph, fat wreck, fearless). I'm so siked to see epitaph finally getting their shit together on those represses.

because overrall you probably sell more vinyl by pressing 500 on colored and unlimited on black then 300 on colored and unlimited on black. color is a huge selling point for vinyl.

however you have to be careful as a label because if you press 1500 of something and call it a limited color it might not sell becaues thats how vinyl collectors are... they like rare shit.

I say if someone is only buying it because it's on colored and wouldn't buy it on black, fuck them.

I say if someone is only buying it because it's on colored and wouldn't buy it on black, fuck them.

Agreed. Every limited/colour album I own I would definitely buy if it was only available on a black/unlimited colour.

These days people should be greatful that an album is pressed on vinyl, nevermind the color of it.

Like someone said earlier, I also would love to see labels press the limited vinyl on black (like 200-300 copies) and then just press the rest on color...pretty much like they did with Tim Barry's Manchester.

These days people should be greatful that an album is pressed on vinyl, nevermind the color of it.

Like someone said earlier, I also would love to see labels press the limited vinyl on black (like 200-300 copies) and then just press the rest on color...pretty much like they did with Tim Barry's Manchester.

Yeah, but then when it sells out they have to press it on a different colour and then we might have another Sink or Swim on our hands.

that's pretty much everyone who is buying the fat classic represses. all those records were available on black.

the last 2 were still available two days ago. not sure about now, to tired to look. but if fat was thinking they'd press around 1k on color (like the do nofx) and be able to move a ton on their site.

I hope they don't press 1000 on color for any release. At that point you might as well make it a continuous press on color. It's a balancing act between making it special for the collectors and an ebay bonanza on the other.

500 seems like a good number for the colored stuff for most bands. What do I know though? I'm just a collector.

i guess just wolves was done that high. thought the live LP was, but guess not.

i guess just wolves was done that high. thought the live LP was, but guess not.

errorism was too.

and pertaining people saying fuck people that won't buy the black release just cause its not colored. sure that might be a great idea for you but when vinyl doesn't sell that great in the first place as a label you're gonna wanna press the right numbers to move as much as you can.

and pertaining people saying fuck people that won't buy the black release just cause its not colored. sure that might be a great idea for you but when vinyl doesn't sell that great in the first place as a label you're gonna wanna press the right numbers to move as much as you can.

I don't think an extra 200 copies of a record is going to make or break Fat Wreck. Vinyl sales are on the rise and it's cheaper to make black vinyl. They will sell regardless of the color. They don't need figure out some equation to entice those jerkoffs who only want somethin' purdy to look at.

I'll play the fuck out of either. I haven't been buying much black vinyl from fat lately, just because it would be kind of lame to order a black copy and then a month later have it come out on color. I mean, I think all of us here would rather have a somewhat limited version of a record, rather than the regular black everyone else has. So if I can hold out for a month or two, I'll keep waiting. Though when suburban teenage wasteland blues came back out on black vinyl, I grabbed that one right away and I'll probably grab it again if it gets the color treatment...