FAT CLASSIC COLOR & DILLINGER FOUR VINYL

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the last 2 were still available two days ago. not sure about now, to tired to look. but if fat was thinking they'd press around 1k on color (like the do nofx) and be able to move a ton on their site.

I hope they don't press 1000 on color for any release. At that point you might as well make it a continuous press on color. It's a balancing act between making it special for the collectors and an ebay bonanza on the other.

500 seems like a good number for the colored stuff for most bands. What do I know though? I'm just a collector.

the last 2 were still available two days ago. not sure about now, to tired to look. but if fat was thinking they'd press around 1k on color (like the do nofx) and be able to move a ton on their site.

I hope they don't press 1000 on color for any release. At that point you might as well make it a continuous press on color. It's a balancing act between making it special for the collectors and an ebay bonanza on the other.

500 seems like a good number for the colored stuff for most bands. What do I know though? I'm just a collector.

They've done over 1000 before. WIWC comes to mind. (Might be the only one, I don't know.)

Shouldn't tell them how to run their business just because you either want something limited under 500, or not limited at all. Making something too "special for collectors" is what leads to the "ebay bonanza".

Fewer copies = Fewer collectors getting a copy = Higher resale prices.

More copies = More collectors getting a copy = Lower resale prices.

listen to the first ten seconds of one song on the fat site, otherwise, no idea what to expect. Mainly because I'm on dialup and any time I'm near wifi, I forget about things like this. Oh well, should be good. Ordered, D4, GR and SU. My copy of for god and country on black is so old and beat, had it for close to ten years now and has seen better days, lol.

They've done over 1000 before. WIWC comes to mind. (Might be the only one, I don't know.)

Shouldn't tell them how to run their business just because you either want something limited under 500, or not limited at all. Making something too "special for collectors" is what leads to the "ebay bonanza".

You totally misunderstood my post.

"What do I know though? I'm just a collector."

This is me saying that I am not trying to tell fat how to run there business and even if I was, they wouldn't listen to me.

"Making something too "special for collectors" is what leads to the "ebay bonanza"."

I fully understand supply and demand in vinyl collecting. The problem I defined is striking the right balance between collectibility and availability. I said I think 500 is the right number. You don't have to be at your computer refreshing every 5 seconds, but you also can't wait weeks for it. It's only my opinion.

You totally misunderstood my post.

"What do I know though? I'm just a collector."

This is me saying that I am not trying to tell fat how to run there business and even if I was, they wouldn't listen to me.

"Making something too "special for collectors" is what leads to the "ebay bonanza"."

I fully understand supply and demand in vinyl collecting. The problem I defined is striking the right balance between collectibility and availability. I said I think 500 is the right number. You don't have to be at your computer refreshing every 5 seconds, but you also can't wait weeks for it. It's only my opinion.

Why should a label care about "striking a balance between collectibility and availability"? It will be available on black vinyl, so it's not unavailable. What's the point of doing a limited pressing of something if only to try to make sure everyone who will want one will get one?