Edge = broken.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beer enjoyment, for me, is akin to food enjoyment. Sure there are times I do like the occasionally totalwasteduebro! bar times but that's few-and-far-between now.

Whoever said Hoegaarden I'll second that especially if you enjoy the belgian whites. Its top notch. No fruit in it though, doesn't do anything for me at least.

And on the whole edge thing, I just figure there's no reason to "claim" it or group yourself with it. Its just another divisive clique.

I was at work last night and one of my coworkers said something about her getting wasted the night before. I said, "You're only 16!". So she asked me, "So you're telling me that you never drank when you were in high school??". I told her no and she just couldn't believe it. I find it quite odd that it's become the norm for it to be acceptable for a 16 year old to get wasted. And it's even worse when they brag about it.

I mean, I can understand 18-20 year olds who drink, but jeez.

Personally, I never drank until a couple months ago. I've only tried a handful of beers (Peroni, Red Stripe, Land Shark, Budweiser, Corona, and a couple more), and I didn't enjoy any of them. I do, however, enjoy Smirnoff.

I was at work last night and one of my coworkers said something about her getting wasted the night before. I said, "You're only 16!". So she asked me, "So you're telling me that you never drank when you were in high school??". I told her no and she just couldn't believe it. I find it quite odd that it's become the norm for it to be acceptable for a 16 year old to get wasted. And it's even worse when they brag about it.

I mean, I can understand 18-20 year olds who drink, but jeez.

Personally, I never drank until a couple months ago. I've only tried a handful of beers (Peroni, Red Stripe, Land Shark, Budweiser, Corona, and a couple more), and I didn't enjoy any of them. I do, however, enjoy Smirnoff.

The stigma about drinking in the US has a large contribution to why people who aren't "allowed" drink anyways.

had a beer in ninth grade and hated it. got into hardcore, discovered edge. i'm 17 now and don't drink. i don't think i'll drink in the near future but i couldn't tell you if in 10 years i won't drink. but i know that i'll never ever be really drunk, i have no desire to do that. i could see myself just having a (as in single) beer with friends somewhere down the road though.

had a beer in ninth grade and hated it. got into hardcore, discovered edge. i'm 17 now and don't drink. i don't think i'll drink in the near future but i couldn't tell you if in 10 years i won't drink. but i know that i'll never ever be really drunk, i have no desire to do that. i could see myself just having a (as in single) beer with friends somewhere down the road though.

If you haven't been drunk how do you know you don't want to be?

Guest genericinsight
why do so many people care that one individual started drinking?

I don't care.

I was just curious as to why he started. This thread doesn't seem terribly argumentative at all, just a bunch of people seemingly trying to understand why other people claim the straight edge label. That's a never-ending debate it seems.

because i have no desire to wake up the next morning and tell all my buddies about how shitfaced i was. i hate when people do that i think it's the stupidest thing.

because i have no desire to wake up the next morning and tell all my buddies about how shitfaced i was. i hate when people do that i think it's the stupidest thing.

Point still remains this isn't the end-all, be-all of drinking

Guest genericinsight

I don't want to come off sounding rude, but really, if someone doesn't want to drink or decides its not for them, I think you should just leave them be for whatever reason they choose as long as they aren't being a dick about it.

I don't know, call me crazy but I just think that if you guys want respect from the people who don't drink or not have those people care, you should probably show the same respect for someone's decision NOT to do so.

I wouldn't get along with anyone who drank if they didn't respect my decision not to.

I don't want to come off sounding rude, but really, if someone doesn't want to drink or decides its not for them, I think you should just leave them be for whatever reason they choose as long as they aren't being a dick about it.

I don't know, call me crazy but I just think that if you guys want respect from the people who don't drink or not have those people care, you should probably show the same respect for someone's decision NOT to do so.

I wouldn't get along with anyone who drank if they didn't respect my decision not to.

Pretty much dead on there. i try to respect everybodys own personal decisions but once people get all preachy and try to force their beliefs upon others. it becomes a matter of the straight edger coming off as elitist and not liking the drinker because he consumes a liquid that he/she does not.

Totally agree though I think that independent from wondering why anyone who want to tag themselves.

Point still remains this isn't the end-all, be-all of drinking

exactly, thats why i said i could see myself enjoying a beer sometime down the road, but just have no desire to at the moment.

So the other day I was standing in line at the local grocery shop with a six pack of Guinness.. and the guy in front of my had a 24 pack of bush lite in camo cans and a camo box dealie (which didnt work too well because I could see the box/cans) and the whole time I thought to myself.. how happy I was that I didn't hate myself as much as that guy hates himself.

a heads up for you kids out there and people who are thinking about buying beer. Cheap rarely (if ever) equals good. Pay the little extra and enjoy it.. if you're looking to get drunk; buy some Jaeger, Captain, jack.. that will get you soo much more drunk faster and cheaper in the long run.

Definately treat yourself to the better beers. They taste better, less hangover, and higher alcohol content. Plus, drinking makes you popular, funnier and more attractive to the opposite sex (even the same sex, if that's what you're into).

not true, I get drunk all the time and girls think I suck

Definately treat yourself to the better beers. They taste better, less hangover, and higher alcohol content. Plus, drinking makes you popular, funnier and more attractive to the opposite sex (even the same sex, if that's what you're into).

samesies

i wonder why.....