Edge = broken.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest baseball

Cherry Wheat is kind of good when you try it. If I attempt to drink a second one I always feel kind of disgusted by it halfway through. Too fruity I guess.

I don't really have anything against fruity beers. I've tried some really good ones at microbrews. Chocolate stouts are pretty rad too.

Guest conoley
yar, 27 here as well, still haven't had a beer. soda's cheaper.

Absolutely. Not knocking those who drink, but we save a shit ton of money by not doing so!

Dude, that's why you steal other people's drinks!

I remember having that revelation.

I can't recommend Allagash White enough.

http://www.allagash.com/white.htm

JORDAN!

Yo.

Further thoughts:

- Nothing at all wrong with Blue Moon

- Stella is also a solid choice

- I thought Grolsch would be awesome since supposedly it's been brewed in some form or another since the 1600s, but I find it to be very bland, and certainly not worth the price. The brand is now owned by SABMiller. Lame.

i'm gonna listen to straight edge revenge a little louder today for you.

all i gotta say is

coffee >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> x100 >>>>>>>>> beer

Going on the record as having been in a Straight Edge band with Porcell and playing Straight Edge Revenge, and I was definitely smoking and drinking that weekend. Suck it.

Blue Moon's a good first beer because it is so fruity and light. Plus, as much as I love Guinness it's pretty damn hard to drink on sunny 90 degree summer day. Also, for wheat beers it's not really that complex. It's just citrus-y, no cloves or bananas or corriander or whatever else they put in Belgium beers. The dude's only had a handful of beers in his life, you have to work up to the harder stuff.

I agree that coffee is better than beer, but you can't say that until you have tried both.

i have had both, went edge when i was 23

Not to be a dick as I enjoy caffeine quite a bit but it is, technically, a drug. A legal drug but by definition it's impact on the human body is just as (for lack of a real term) drug-like as alcohol or marijuana, some would argue worse.

Not trying to start a fight, and maybe you're not "hardcore edge" but I've never understood how real "super edge" folks consume caffeine (I'm looking at your Russ Rankin).

Guest baseball
Haha that made me lol. Are there any drugs worse than heroin?

Depends how you define it I guess. If you're talking about how an effects on your organs, nervous system, or brain, then alcohol is worse than an opiate like heroin. Of course, street drugs like heroin can be tainted/cut with any number of things, which is a different discussion.

Opiates are more dangerous because of their high abuse potential.

Not to be a dick as I enjoy caffeine quite a bit but it is, technically, a drug. A legal drug but by definition it's impact on the human body is just as (for lack of a real term) drug-like as alcohol or marijuana, some would argue worse.

Not trying to start a fight, and maybe you're not "hardcore edge" but I've never understood how real "super edge" folks consume caffeine (I'm looking at your Russ Rankin).

well if you breakdown it down, anything you consume has an altering affect on your body. my line is drawn where it alters your preception or your ability to control yourself, or causes long term damage.

Guest baseball

Yeah. While I wouldn't really compare caffeine to alcohol or marijuana since they fall under different classifications (alcohol=sedative, marijuana is kind of its own class), I agree with your premise.

If you really want to compare caffeine, you'd have to compare it another stimulant like cocaine or amphetamines. They're all stimulants and are not dissimilar in how they effect your body (brain, nervous system) or alter your consciousness. Caffeine is just a weaker stimulant compared to the other two, and of course, regulated for safe use.

I would argue however that caffeine has just as much an abuse potential. Most people don't realize that you can overdose on caffeine just like you can on cocaine or amphetamines. Last I looked at figures (which was a couple years ago), there was about 1000 caffeine overdoses on average a year. It's rare to overdose on caffeine by drinking it though, the majority of those occur by abuse of things like diet pills.

Guest baseball

well if you breakdown it down, anything you consume has an altering affect on your body. my line is drawn where it alters your preception or your ability to control yourself, or causes long term damage.

Right, that's fine, but you also have to remember that you're drawing your definition based on your own personal interaction. There's nothing wrong with that, but you also have to take into account that a stimulant like caffeine will affect different people in drastically different ways.

That's cool that caffeine doesn't alter your perception or your ability to control yourself, but it's not exactly a legitimate reason to not consider it using a drug.

What you have is a healthy relationship with a drug, which is great. However, your relationship with caffeine is not dissimilar to many people's relationships with other drugs.

However, your relationship with caffeine is not dissimilar to many people's relationships with other drugs.

Like Hobo cock.

I'm 24 & I have claimed edge since I was 19. Never hand any alcohold before that either. Like many on this board I have never had the desire to try it & don't really see my self wanting to. I came damn close to having to drink a been once though due to a bet that was made where I would have to drink one if he hit a 7/10 split. I about shit my pants due to how close he came to actually hitting it!