What video games have you been playing?

I like hack and slash, but the combos and stuff are just way too ridiculous. IGN definitely jumped the gun, because the story is meh so far, and there is like no real cut-scenes, it's all pretty much done in stills which is annoying. It's way hard too, the battles get crazy after the first few.
Got Valkyria Chronicles. The game is pretty good though I'm having a hard time getting "grade A" completion on any of the non-skirmish battles.

highly recommended

That game is the main reason I think I am going to get a PS3 as my Blu-ray player.

do it. you wont be disappointed. the game is great

Guest eriathomas

I am currently seriously considering selling my 360, and possibly picking up a ps3 at some point. I still have my ps2, and it has so many damn good games I have yet to start, so it'd tie me over for a long time. The 360 just does not have any exclusive games that I really want, while the ps3 has quite a few RPGs I want to play.

I got bored and a put together my game list. Here

Guest eriathomas

Vince, did you finish Magna Carta 2? I'm debating if I should sell it or not, since it does not seem like a game I'd play twice, but the battle system is fun enough to play through again to finish out the achievements.

I think I may try to play Star Ocean again.

i am at the 30 hour mark, just fought the "crazy" battle. i am hoping to find some time tonight to knock off a few hours and get it completed before my trip. i think i have finally mastered my battle strategy, who to use the chains with and so on which makes the battles much more efficient.

star ocean was so hard to tell what was going on, but let me know how it goes if you try it again, maybe i didnt give it enough of a chance

Guest eriathomas

Yeah, I didn't figure out how to properly do the chain-breaks until damn near the end of the game. I think I only got the achievement for 100 of them. I also only missed like 3 quests of the 80, which sucked, because some had some good perks I think.

Guest eriathomas

I just pre-ordered FF13. I'm sure the 360 version is going to be as good as the ps3, but I really don't want to buy a ps3 if I don't have to. I'm super excited for the game, and the negative press about it being really linear does not bother me at all.

I'm also getting back into MW2 by playing Domination. It's a lot more fun then Team Deathmatch, imo.

The lack of Sony products in the above photos = fail.

The presence of Sega products, however, is redeeming.

sony sucks. i've never bought one of their consoles or games. if i can find a ps1 though for under $20 at a yardsale with a FF game though, i may have to break down and buy it. i have nearly every other console made except the oddball ones like 3DO, Jaguar, Virtual Boy, etc. didn't feel like digging my 2600 games out of the attic to take a picture of.

and the games i'm most proud of are FF3, Chronotrigger, Mario RPG, Mana, and MvsC2, for which i paid in order: free brand new when i was 10 at the county fair, $20, $15, $10 (these three i all got from a stoner friend who needed the money to get weed), $15 brand new when wally world was liquidating dreamcast stuff.

Guest eriathomas

I'm done with Modern Warfare 2. Playing online pisses me off way to much, and it's never fun even when I do do well.

I think I'm going to start Grimgrimoire or SMT:Nocturne now.