Anyone else's mate dislike your records?

every time i tell my mom i don't have money, she gets mad because she knows what i spend it on.

Yeah... my wife is like that, too. I'm currently going "vinyl only", so I've been selling off my thousands of CDs and buying tons of records lately.

But she's not looking for some money towards car insurance, she's looking for a new car. Slightly more expensive than a few records.

It's a non issue for me and my girlfriend. She actually collects Beatles records but she hangs them on the wall and doesn't let me listen to them which makes me sad. She likes to buy clothing and movies and I buy records so as long as the bills are getting paid we don't bother each other about it.

I got my girlfriend into collecting records. She only collects what she really likes though. I mean I do too but she isn't as adventurous with checking out new music. But we have an awesome Ryan Adams collection together, which is really awesome. I'm sure she thinks I go a bit crazy spending so much on records but sometimes I bring back stuff for her.

My girlfriend seems okay with it. She likes old soundtracks and mew, so we've been collecting those for her.

Her parents though get upset because for awhile I would get records shipped to her house, and there was a period where there was a record every other day on their doorstep. They didnt seem to like it (even though her dad has a huge record collection).

nope. we've combined collections and its been awesome.

Honestly, I hope you keep good tabs at what is actually yours. I've had two friends combine collections with their girlfriends and both of them got screwed out of really good shit that they bought before they even met their girlfriends. The whole thing was just a headache.

I'm not saying you guys are going to break up, but you never know what the future holds.

never had any issues, sometimes i get some comments about how many packages i get a week... but i have never discuss how much i spend on records.

But im sure you could always find something your gf blows money on that you dont really "get" like shoes, purses, or whatever.

Yeah. My wife thinks nothing of spending $400 on a Coach purse that she'll use 3 months out of the year and will eventually be out of style. The stuff that I buy at least retains it's value.

never had any issues, sometimes i get some comments about how many packages i get a week... but i have never discuss how much i spend on records.

But im sure you could always find something your gf blows money on that you dont really "get" like shoes, purses, or whatever.

Yeah. My wife thinks nothing of spending $400 on a Coach purse that she'll use 3 months out of the year and will eventually be out of style. The stuff that I buy at least retains it's value.

I dont know what to think of a $400 purse... that shit is crazy to me. my girl is still in school and is usually strapped for cash ( i have been covering her groceries and portion of her rent for a while now). But once she has a real job i really dont care how she spends her money but i just cant wrap my head around spending that much on a fucking purse. that shit is crazy but i guess your girl isnt the only one. But then i guess people dont understand my reasoning behind spening $100 on a Steinways "rotten pizza pack" limited to 15 copies.

Whatever, as long as you can pay your bills and the shit you buy makes you happy, i dont give a fuck. different strokes for differnt folks.

My parents nor my girlfriend is mad that I'm into records. My gf sometimes looks at what I'm doing on the computer and she wants to know what takes up all my time when I say looking for or talking about records. One time she's like "How much do you love me?" and I said "Uhh.. a lot?" and she said "Do you love me more than your records?" I changed that topic real quick. But she really doesn't care because if we go downtown her favorite music is real cheap, she can get about 5 for my 1. I don't get why people would be mad though, especially for getting packages? That's just a bizarre thing to me to get mad about.

Guys usually think it's cute or awesome that I collect records. I also don't understand how someone's significant other would be upset about collecting records. As long as you're not dropping 100 bucks on something when you should be paying rent or something like that there's no problem with it at all.

I dont know what to think of a $400 purse... that shit is crazy to me.

I also don't get this either. Purses are so easy to mess up or get stolen so I really don't see the logic behind spending so much money. I buy a 15 dollar purse and use it until it's basically threadbare.j

nope. we've combined collections and its been awesome.

Honestly, I hope you keep good tabs at what is actually yours. I've had two friends combine collections with their girlfriends and both of them got screwed out of really good shit that they bought before they even met their girlfriends. The whole thing was just a headache.

I'm not saying you guys are going to break up, but you never know what the future holds.

i appreciate your concern, knowing people that that happened to might make me think that too, but really, if i was the kind of person to keep good tabs of what is mine after combining collections, i wouldnt be the kind of person to do it in the first place.