Anyone else's mate dislike your records?

Still living at home, but my parents don't mind. I'm still saving money for school, and since I'm not the type to go shopping every day, or eat out every meal, I end up with extra money. I'll generally use it on music, or just add more to my savings.

When I'm at work, my parents usually text me if I get any packages (even who they're from).

$400 on a purse? That's chump change. There are people who spend $2000+ on purses. That's more money than you'd ever theoretically put IN the purse. Completely retarded, if you ask me. I'm not a big fan of expensive records either. I've never paid more than $40 for one and certainly don't plan to. I usually won't even buy new stuff in stores because it's too expensive ($18 for a new LP? BOGUS). Spending $100 on a variant of a record you already have multiple copies of is really no better than spending hundreds of dollars on purses and clothes and other stuff like that. Different stokes for different folks.

$400 on a purse? That's chump change. There are people who spend $2000+ on purses. That's more money than you'd ever theoretically put IN the purse. Completely retarded, if you ask me. I'm not a big fan of expensive records either. I've never paid more than $40 for one and certainly don't plan to. I usually won't even buy new stuff in stores because it's too expensive ($18 for a new LP? BOGUS). Spending $100 on a variant of a record you already have multiple copies of is really no better than spending hundreds of dollars on purses and clothes and other stuff like that. Different stokes for different folks.

True, but my wife has four or five of those purses.

And I agree that paying big bucks for every color variant is silly. That's why I don't do it.

My stepmom didn't understand it when I lived at home. I explained to her many, many times that they still make records, but she's positive they stopped making them in the '80's.

As for girlfriends, I've only had one girl in my almost 28 years that was thought it was cool. The day I gave her her birthday present of every Vandals record I could find was a good day. A VERY good day.

my girlfriend likes music, and has a nice pile o' vinyl. She's even bought a few that have interrupted my own collections (holy mountain, kylesa, jucifer.)

She's more picky about what music she listens to, so I have a much larger record shelf.

We listen to our entire collections over the wintertime (it takes months!). It's a nice thing to do when it's cold out, and we'll end up making a small pile of stuff to get rid of.

I used to collect urban vinyl toys - like kidrobot stuff. My wife hated that, I would spend lots of money on them and she thought it was stupid. Now I've gotten back into vinyl records after finding some records I had back in high school and my wife is all about it, but she just doesn't understand the whole collecting variants thing.

I don't even know if my girlfriend has said anything about my collection. To be honest, I don't think she's noticed it yet (which just means it needs to be bigger, amirite?!) but it's a fledgling relationship.

My friends either are great at giving me lip service or actually really like my records.

My parents actually supported it. They bought me my first player, and gave me giftcards to the local store when I first got into it. Now when records go to my parents house (old preorders or me putting wrong paypal shipping info) my dad will go home on his lunch break to make sure they are in the house if I'm too busy to make it over. My parents know I am really smart with my money, so until I am scrapped for cash I don't think they'll say much.

The chick I used to kinda date used to like to listen to them, but she didn't care for them either way.

My boyfriend doesn't care about the amount of music that I buy. We don't live together and we're responsible for each of our own finances. He's not big on music so it doesn't effect him in any way. He just makes fun of the fact that I buy so much music. I think that he's somewhat impressed with my record collection because it's so excess. But he can't get on my case about it because he knows I'll get on his case about the amount of electronics he buys (he's a gamer).

nope. we've combined collections and its been awesome.

Honestly, I hope you keep good tabs at what is actually yours. I've had two friends combine collections with their girlfriends and both of them got screwed out of really good shit that they bought before they even met their girlfriends. The whole thing was just a headache.

I'm not saying you guys are going to break up, but you never know what the future holds.

I'm married and I still keep my records seperate.