NBA Discussion

I can't believe Portland got beat in five games. San Antonio is glad that the OKC/LA series is as close as it is, and would love for it to go seven.

They were playing with house money at this point. Coming into the season, the hope was that the team could contend for the 7th or 8th seed. Anyone who says that they would have made it this far this season would be lying.

The Spurs were the better team, and the teams were a lot closer than what showed. They are not consistently 20 points better every game.

I'm probably being a homer here, but does nobody else think the Pacers-Heat series will be close? I know the Pacers have been playing like ass for the majority of the playoffs but they're still big rivals with the Heat. Everything is thrown out the window when 2 teams that hate each other play. 

I'm probably being a homer here, but does nobody else think the Pacers-Heat series will be close? I know the Pacers have been playing like ass for the majority of the playoffs but they're still big rivals with the Heat. Everything is thrown out the window when 2 teams that hate each other play. 

I think it'll go at least 6 games not in the Pacers favor.

I just love how Bill Simmons (Who I usually love) was talking about how great the playoffs have been and all this crap when in reality it's a joke. 1 vs 2 on both sides and it's basically the same 4 teams people picked preseason to get to this point. This is the problem with NBA. Always has and basically always will be.

I just love how Bill Simmons (Who I usually love) was talking about how great the playoffs have been and all this crap when in reality it's a joke. 1 vs 2 on both sides and it's basically the same 4 teams people picked preseason to get to this point. This is the problem with NBA. Always has and basically always will be.

Well in all fairness they've been pretty good if you think about most of the top teams nearly losing in the first round to the lower seed. But the second round kind of sucked

I want to sound off on the whole Clippers v. Thunder ordeal. Two games in a row with extremely pivotal bad calls from the refs. I was rooting for the Thunder but both calls from game 5 and 6 were really bad. I'm trying to see through the politics of it and not be a conspiracist fan but I can't help but think the Clippers had it in for them. The NBA didn't want Sterling to make any more money off of these playoffs since he made the case that he was indeed not going to pay the fine and he's clearly going to be ousted. But then again Chris Paul (NBA President of the players union) did have to face Stephen Curry for 7 games and then Russell Westbrook that in itself was pretty hardcore!

I already know either the Celtics or the Lakers will get Wiggins. The league needs at least one of those teams to be relevant.

Plus after being snubbed in the draft so many times, I truly believe the lottery is rigged.

when they just did envelopes with team names in them, i wouldn't be surprised if there was something like that going on, but the way they do it with the balls and different combinations, it would be difficult as fuck (impossible) to rig it.

They don't show the actual lottery. They just televise what pick each team gets.

I think it's a flawed system. Hardly ever does the team with the best chance of getting the number one pick win the lottery.

I agree. I think this year was the first time in well over 20 years that the Lakers, Knicks and Celtics didn't all make the playoffs. Those 3 teams are the biggest teams in the league marketwise and/or historically, so to speak, in the NBA. When a casual fan talks about the NBA they mention those 3 teams. The NBA does a great job in selling their product especially internationally. Does the NBA really want to market Andrew Wiggins on the Bucks? Of course not. I've always thought that the NBA lottery was rigged. I think by not showing the actual ping pong balls being selected on live TV there has to be some sense that the NBA is hiding something.